Patch Management Override Default Behavior?

Michael McGovern

Will activating a device in Patch Management override the default behavior on the target machine?

IE, if the client is set to receive all updates automatically and the policy is set to only check once a week will it stop the updates defined in the client without manual intervention? I assume that's the purpose but just want to be clear.

What if updates are configured by GPO? Will it still override?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Michael,

Will activating a device in Patch Management override the default behavior on the target machine?

IE, if the client is set to receive all updates automatically and the policy is set to only check once a week will it stop the updates defined in the client without manual intervention? I assume that's the purpose but just want to be clear.

No, it will not. If the windows will check for updates automatically, then all available updates will be installed. Therefore I would recommend you to disable this option. We will use C# to install the Windows updates on your system.

What if updates are configured by GPO? Will it still override?

Yes, if you have configured the GPO to use WSUS, then we will check for the updates on your WSUS server and then we will apply, the configured policy from the OS Patch Management module on your local machine to evaluate updates.