Bug or bad report?

Gary Haberl

Hi all,

New to Pulseway, and I am looking at the "Sample: Executive for All Systems" report. The image below shows the Disk Drive Usage for a server. The E: drive on the server is a 2TB drive with very little on it. (1% used).  The way the report reads is 1%(1.98TB Free).

Should this read 99%(1.98TB Free)?  Why are we showing used space in % and Free in GB/TB together? If it shows both used and free space, the numbers should be formatted the same.

Report bug?

Gary

Pulseway2.png

• Administrators

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Pulseway :lol:!

The category in the report indicates disk drive usage hence the percentage shows the utilisation and in parentheses we also show how much it's left. That's the same way Windows shows you the disk space utilisation, percentage used and how much disk space there's left.

-Paul

Thank you Paul,

Well, for the "Tech" in us, that is good, but for the Executive we give the report to this causes questions. The Exec I just reviewed this with said How big is that drive? If it has 1% free, and there is actually 1.98TB left, that is a big drive.  Where did we get that? :)

Gary

• Administrators

That's a good point. Funny, it never crossed my mind to think of it as available disk space. I always asked "how much we use" rather than "how much we have left".

-Paul

Hi Paul

The reason the Exec said to me is he though Free because it said free.  He thought both numbers were for the same item.  % and TB free.

Now that I know, the next time I review reports with someone I will let them know it is %USED(FREE GB/TB)

Gary

Edited by Gary Haberl

• 2 months later...