SimonW

Linux agent on Ubuntu 16.04 no reporting back

Hello,

Have a number of Ubuntu 16.04 workstations with agent 5.3.3 installed.  The daemon starts without error (nothing logged in syslog), but doesn't appear to report back.  There are 15 units at this particular site, and only one has reported back since installation.  They are all running kernel 4.10.0-42.

I can't find any error messages in the obvious logs (/var/log/syslog - in particular).

Appreciate any direction you can offer.

Hi Simon,

Is it possible that you have registered this system using another account and you are trying to monitor this system from another account? If so, then you need to configure the associated account from the account with which you have registered this system. Please read more about it from here.

Your account has enough licences to monitor this system.

Thanks for the note.  All of our monitored machines are registered using the same account.  I became convinced it was the license issue, because attempts to register a single new Linux or Windows system seemed to fail (no errors, just not visible).

It shows 58 seats in use for a 50 workstation limit?

In that case it is definitively the licensing issue. We do not display the system if you do not have the license for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dpbklyn
      Is there a way to exclude a particular disk (e:\) from the storage notifications?
    • By dpbklyn
      Hello,
      I am trying to automate our on-boarding process as much as possible.
      Is there a way to upload software to Pulseway (an A/V Application in this case) so we can trigger a script to install it on endpoints during on boarding?
      Thank you,
      dp
    • By Tim Roewen
      Hi there,
      We are using both PSA and RMM from Pulseway.
      In the last few weeks we are experiencing some weird behavior between PSA and RMM.
      We don't use the and never set up the integration, but after we delete the settings both in PSA and RMM, it still comes back.
      It is irritating us enormously and the support isn't helpful after creating several tickets.
      I hope someone can help us with this issue.
      King regards,
      Tim Roewen

• By sesipod
      When installing the pulseway agent on my Debian Version 9.4 X64 proxmox VE 5.2-1 server I get the following. 
      I have restarted the server 3 times now after each install attempt - I can't figure out where the log is located.
      An error occurred while starting Pulseway service. Please see log for more details. Here is the steps that I did to get started...
      root@Dell-R610:~# wget https://www.pulseway.com/download/pulseway_x64.deb root@Dell-R610:~# dpkg -i pulseway_x64.deb root@Dell-R610:~# pulseway-registration Would you like to register or unregister the system? [1] Register System [2] Exit Enter selection: 1 Please enter a username: ******** Please enter the password: ******* Use custom server? [y|n] n 1 organization found. Please select the organization [1] sesinet Enter selection: 1 1 site found. Please select the site [1] sesinet_site Enter selection: 1 1 agent group found. Please select the agent group [1] sesinet Enter selection: 1 Check if the config.xml exist ... Configuration file not found. Check if the config.xml.sample exist ... Create a new config.xml file based on config.xml.sample New config.xml successfully created. Update the configuration file... Config file updated successfully! Do you want to start Pulseway service? [y|n] y An error occurred while starting Pulseway service. Please see log for more details. I also tried to make the config file myself. Replacing it with the one form ( https://my.pulseway.com/main/setup/guide ) 
    • By DinamicIT
      Hi, does anyone managed to create a Workflow for "Point of Contacts" to approve ticket requests? Got a customer asking to approve tickets before they are worked on, so i need to be able to automate the process.

To be more clear: i need to send a request of approval by sending the POC an email when a ticket is created - change the status to "pending approval" and await for a reply, once the reply is made by the approver (stating in the subject that is %approved% in the subject for example) - change the status of the ticket to "approved" and notify the assigned resource..

I managed to get to the send an email and request for approval part using a workflow, but can't seem to figure out how to handle the reply..

Thanks!