Hardware Details not available

unstrain

I have 2 systems on which hardware details are not available, altough in a previous version one of them was showing the details just fine. Accessing from WP7, the systems in case have: GA-EX58-UD3R and EVGA EX58 SLI MICRO

It looks like when i try to add hardware notifications, nothing is available to choose in the list; no motherboard or cpu

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I am trying to monitor temperatures of a Dell Poweredge 2850 Server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Poweredge 1550 Server running Windows Server 2008 Standard. Both result in not showing any hardware so I am unable to monitor temps. Is there something I can do to get this to work.

• 1 month later...

I used to be able to view the temperature sensor results on my motherboard, but now, for some reason I can no longer view them. The only thing appearing is the external seagate SATA hard drive temperature. Why would this feature no longer work? I never switched motherboards, nor processors, or any other hardware upgrades. Running on a Gigabyte GA-890FX-UD5 ver 2.0

• Administrators

Hello,

Maybe it required a system restart? PC Monitor uses Open Hardware Monitor library, if you want you can compare what you see in PC Monitor with that their application shows.

Link.

• Administrators

The library is labelled as beta - but the core functionality is very stable and mature, we found no issues using it.

You've been using Gmail that was labeled beta for quite some time and I think it worked really well.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this. Has there been progress with this update? I really like this utility and would like to keep using it however i am getting inconsistent results with the hardware details section (mainly with cpu temp reporting) when using the computers/servers that i have setup. I see screenshots from users that have many different details listed from fan speed to HDD temp and so on. I don't get those stats currently and would like to know if there is anything i can do to setup monitoring for the hardware details i need. Any thoughts?

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, I just installed this on my surface tablet and my home server per a friend's recomendation. I was most interested to be able to see the CPU temp while on the go (its a relatively new setup and I'm not sure it will stay cool where its sitting, but I can't sit home and watch it all day)

Unfortunatley when I go to the Hardware Details it says "No Hardware Details Found". I have restarted the server once to see if it would take off but so far no luck. Its a dell poweredge 1850, it looks like you got the hardware supported for some other poweredge servers back in Jan. 2012 was hoping my poweredge would be supported also but apparently not? Is there a list of supported hardware somewhere and can you add support for my poor old server's hardware? I will have to uninstall this and find something else if not.

• Administrators

Sadly dell uses proprietary API to manage it's sensors and doesn't expose just like all other brands to the standard sensor library. I've seen similar issues with some proliant servers from HP too.

Nuts, I will have to figure something else out. Anybody know of any open-source utilities I can try to write a small program with and pull that data out of dell's sensor API? If I could pull the data and jam it in a database table or even a flat file I could expose it through a web page hosted on the machine.

• 6 years later...

We are now in 2020 and there are still devices not showing hardware details. 

For me, everything works fine on a Dell XPS 13 and a custom desktop computer. 

But when installed on a Lenovo Yoga C740 with I7 10th generation, the only hardware I can add on notifications section is the ssd. 

I'm using latest version of Pulseway Agent on Windows 10 Home. 

Is this still a problem for Pulseway, to read hardware details? 

Thank you in advance, 

Daniel