Pulseway Manager Password Lock Out

primal51

I have setup 2.7.1 on my WHS and enabled the lock to prevent changes. When I login to this PC and click here to allow changes a window pops up for the password. I input the password that should be setup and it doesn't accept it. Is there a way to reset this password?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to generate a Notification in PC monitor ( in the dashboard and mobile app ) when the locked mode is disabled ?? ( By detecting these keys are removed , or just give an notification to inform the lock pasword has been entered )

Thx

• 6 years later...
  • Staff

Hi @dpbklyn ,

Yes, it is possible to disable this functionality from the Pulseway WebApp or any other device. In order to do this, you will need to configure the Pulseway Manager n the remote system  to allow the system commands only from authorized devices:

image.png.74c0e399ad58239392781b151dc3500d.png

I hope this helps.

• 8 months later...

Hi we have client 6.3 but the following keys aren't there to delete. We need to clear the password lock on some clients where the password has not been recorded to make changes to monitoring but are unable to make changes. Is there a new location for the keys or how do we now clear the password to allow changes to be made to the client. Thanks

delete from registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PreventChanges
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\PreventChangesPassword