Michael

Change associated account access for multiple users simultaneously

Hi there,

Is there a way to change access/notification settings for multiple associated accounts at once (like a bulk select)?  I know I can bulk select machines, but this is still done at an individual account level.

When we have multiple users (set up for auditing purposes), whenever we add a new system we have to go through each account and grant them access to it.

Thanks again guys for all your work!

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately no, this is not possible at the moment. We're considering on adding a setting on an account association to allow you to specify the access level and notifications access by default for newly added systems.

-Paul

I threw together a Powershell script that queries and modifies the SQL database to do this. I'm pretty sure it could be done completely as a SQL query, but my SQL ability is pretty limited.

$sqlserver = 'localhost'
$database = 'pcmonitor'

$computeridentifiers = @(Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $sqlserver -Database $database -Query "SELECT [identifier] FROM [pcmonitor].[dbo].[Computers] WHERE [accountId] =1 AND [active] =1;") | select-object -expand identifier
$useridentifiers = @(Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $sqlserver -Database $database -Query "SELECT [id] FROM [pcmonitor].[dbo].[Accounts] WHERE [id] != 1 AND [active] =1;") | select-object -expand id

foreach ($useridentifier in $useridentifiers) {
    foreach ($computeridentifier in $computeridentifiers) {
        $computeridentifier
        Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $sqlserver -Database $database -Query "IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [pcmonitor].[dbo].[AssociatedAccounts] WHERE associatedAccountId = '$useridentifier' AND computerIdentifier like '$computeridentifier') INSERT INTO [pcmonitor].[dbo].[AssociatedAccounts] (primaryAccountId,computerIdentifier,associatedAccountId,readOnly,sendNotifications,version,active) VALUES (1,'$computeridentifier','$useridentifier',0,1,1,1)"
    }
  }

Thanks for your contribution. I'd like to add that if you're changing the associated accounts directly in the database you also need to reload the accounts you've touched or to recycle the IIS application pool.

-Paul

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ElasticIT
      Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been requested before so apologies in advance if it has. I had a customer with a slow PC and wanted to add the Disk Queue Length performance counter to see if that was causing the slowness however didn't want to have to log into her machine. Normally I would go via the Dashboard -> Edit Computer Settings and make whatever changes were necessary. However Performance Counters can't seem to be added this way as there is no Add button:

Is this a bug or missing feature? If it's missing, it would be handy to have as you can pretty much do everything else from here and it's not always convenient having to log into the users machine
      Cheers
    • By Aspect
      I'm reasonably new to PW. I've just on-boarded 50 endpoints, and it automatically monitors Automatic services. That great, but Services like Bio-metric and Remote Registry; whilst configured as automatic, aren't always started.. So constant notifications.
      I know how to remove the service monitor, but is there an easy way to exclude certain services from being monitored globally?
    • By ethorup
      I'm not sure what it is, but it seems lately that Kaspersky AV (aka pulseway antivirus) is picking up a lot of adware instances.  I like this and use it to keep my clients safe.  But sometimes it can be a little overwhelming to have to click through each one individually to delete them.  Is there any way we can get an option to select multiple items and perform an operation on those multiple items?  It would be nice to have better overall av integration, but this is one that I would love to see first.
      Sometimes when we bring on a new client with a lot of computers, and once we install the antivirus software, we get slammed with notification for adware, maleware, trojans, etc.  It just sucks having to click each one to choose what to do with it.  When there are hundreds of notifications, it can take a while.
    • By DigitalDentist
      In the active directory module we can see users that are locked out, is it possible to add users with expired passwords as well. 
      Instead if searching for a user sometimes I just want to see a list of users, would it be possible to show all users Instead of searching for them?
      Reason being it's a quick way to help clients with expired passwords and a quick way to see any abnormal accounts in AD.