Invalid Username or password error in Android app

Steven Hulse

Good day,

I'm trying out the software and also using the Android app. the computer software seems to be working great but I can't get the Android app to work. Whenever I enter my credentials it tells me that the username and/or password is invalid (295). I know I am entering the correct username and password.

I'm running an Android 2.3.3 (R2-D2 model) system version 4.5.602A957

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I am able to login using my username and password on https://my.pulseway.com/ but when it failed on Linux agent and android.

the syslog output:

Jan 25 00:39:40 user-desktop pcmonitor: Could not get existing notifications: SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]#012"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> MM.Monitor.WebService.InvalidAccountException: Invalid username and/or password (295).#015#012   at MM.Monitor.WebService.ServerLite.GetCurrentNotificationsForComputer(String username, String password, String computerIdentifier)#015#012   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---"#012Detail: [no detail]
Jan 25 00:39:41 user-desktop pcmonitor: Last error getting group policy SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Server[no subcode]#012"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> MM.Monitor.WebService.InvalidAccountException: Invalid username and/or password (295).#015#012   at MM.Monitor.WebService.ServerLite.GetGroupPolicyXml(String username, String password, String name)#015#012   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---"#012Detail: [no detail]
Jan 25 00:39:45 user-desktop pcmonitor: Received request Stop monitoring service 'Invalid username and/or password (295).'

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Having the same problem here. Login on PC inbrowser works, but I get Username/Password false when trying to setup a new phone. May it be connected with to many devices, as I can see all devices I ever used with the pulseway app, but see now way to remove one which are not in use anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Morgoth,

You can remove monitoring devices from the Pulseway WebApp -> Account section -> Monitoring Devices.

Regarding incorrect username/password - is it possible that you need to specify the correct server name for your account?

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, at least I have never used a server name before, and since I am using the free account (only accessing the 2 machines at home), I don't think I have that option.

What I found out right now is: When using the correct Username on Android, the error is "Invalid username and/or password (295)", when using incorrect credentials, the error is ""Invalid username and/or password (202)".

I just removed almost all Monitoring Devices from the account, but still no Login. Is ist possible, that Andoid 8.1 ist the problem (the new phone is a Pixel 2, while all Devices where it worked where Android 7 or 7.1)

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Hey @Ue Khaung,

The screenshot you've attached doesn't show any screen from the Pulseway app. Are you sure you're running the correct app? You can download the Pulseway app from here. Additionally, create your account from this page.

-Paul