Transfer Account Settings to New Account

SamT

Hello,

Kind of a strange one here:

I took over doing IT for a company that had hired a small IT firm before turning to in-house IT. The IT firm was using Pulseway to monitor our servers and workstations, but we paid for the licensing. The IT firm started to use Pulseway to monitor their other clients as well. When I took over I demanded to have access as we paid for the software and was given it, the license will expire in about 5 weeks now. They had set up some custom triggers and such that I would like to keep using without reconfiguring everything. So can I create a new account and import the old account configuration to it? Then I could strip the systems that I do not need to monitor from the new account and connect our computers to it. I had asked a Pulseway rep a while back and he assured me it could be done, but I am not seeing any obvious way to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

• Administrators

Hi Sam,

You could create a new Pulseway account and then follow this guide to setup an automation task that will update the credentials on your monitored systems: 

You need to skip the part that activates the "Use Enterprise Server" / "Enterprise Server Name" settings.

-Paul

Thank you for your reply Paul.

If I understand this correctly it appears all that all we would need to do is switch which account the agents are connected to? Are the custom configurations tied to the account or the the agent installed on the monitored system?

Thanks,

Sam

• Staff

Yes, you will need to switch the account with which agents are registered.

Currently the agent configuration is stored on the monitored system, but in the near future they are planning to move all the configuration to the centralized database so you can manage all the settings for all your agents from the Pulseway webapp.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yes, you will need to switch the account with which agents are registered.

Currently the agent configuration is stored on the monitored system, but in the near future they are planning to move all the configuration to the centralized database so you can manage all the settings for all your agents from the Pulseway webapp.

And this will be for all classifications of Pulseway or just a few?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ComputerConsulting said:

And this will be for all classifications of Pulseway or just a few?

All Pulseway settings will be exposed on the webapp (including the configuration for the Linux and macOS agent).

-Paul

• Administrators
14 hours ago, ComputerConsulting said:

That doesn't answer my question.  Will this be available for all versions of Pulseway?

Sorry about that. Yes, this will be available for all Pulseway plans, free of charge.

-Paul