Feature Request - Various

Ghostie

Hi,

I have have some requests from management and staff using the dashboard at our company.

Please could some of these be addressed or looked at?

• We would like to apply/replace the pulseway logo with our company logo, but we have no need for enterprise at this time (this may change in the future). Being able to drag an image to the dashboard installation folder as a simple start would be good, or "select an image" option in the settings - As a bonus, changing the colours of background and text would be fantastic.
  • Custom sizing of text within the dashboard would help, as playing around with dpi within windows causes things to go onto two pages. (Changing clock size would be bonus cookies)
  • Order by severity, I think I may have requested this before,(not yet addressed) this makes total sense to be able to order the list by what severity EG: critical first.
  • Split groups on to separate pages, this is a nicety if you have multiple machines on multiple sites, this would allow better use of screen space especially on 65"+ TV's
  • The coloured icons could use a flashing feature to catch your eye, EG: a critical alert would make it flash red and blue/black, this is instead of a steady amber or red.
  • Had to edit this one in: Pulseway Manager needs to give us an option to mark an offline server as critical, a simply notification will not email our zendesk for example.

Last but not least: can we get a changelog pop up when updates arrive, think this would be beneficial to show customers that there is continued development in progress. - I am aware that you run a blog for this kind of thing.

Many Thanks,
Kind Regards,
TIM STARK

Edited by TimStark
Added critical notification need for pulseway manager

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.

We would like to apply/replace the pulseway logo with our company logo, but we have no need for enterprise at this time (this may change in the future). Being able to drag an image to the dashboard installation folder as a simple start would be good, or "select an image" option in the settings - As a bonus, changing the colours of background and text would be fantastic.

Unfortunately we have no plans on adding support for the full rebranding on the Pro plan but a simple logo import from a file on the Dashboard is not a bad idea. I'll add it on our todo list.

Custom sizing of text within the dashboard would help, as playing around with dpi within windows causes things to go onto two pages. (Changing clock size would be bonus cookies)

We switch pages automatically in the Dashboard, is it a big problem when you change the DPI? Just so you know that when you increase the DPI we only increase the font size and nothing else so it's the exact same thing. Offering you a way to pick the font size would be a better solution since you'll have more "steps" rather than the 125% 150% 175% and 200% Windows offers.

Order by severity, I think I may have requested this before,(not yet addressed) this makes total sense to be able to order the list by what severity EG: critical first.

So you'd like to see the systems in each group ordered by severity and order the groups based severities for each system contained?

Split groups on to separate pages, this is a nicety if you have multiple machines on multiple sites, this would allow better use of screen space especially on 65"+ TV's

Here you would like that each group to have dedicated pages (one or more) and never to have two groups shown on the same page?

The coloured icons could use a flashing feature to catch your eye, EG: a critical alert would make it flash red and blue/black, this is instead of a steady amber or red.

I'm absolutely thrilled about this feature request. I totally agree with having something to catch your eye for critical notifications.

Had to edit this one in: Pulseway Manager needs to give us an option to mark an offline server as critical, a simply notification will not email our zendesk for example.

The offline notification is already of critical priority. You only receive it after 10-15 minutes after the machine is offline (configurable on the Team / MSP plans) but once you get it the system will show up as red.

Last but not least: can we get a changelog pop up when updates arrive, think this would be beneficial to show customers that there is continued development in progress. - I am aware that you run a blog for this kind of thing.

We do this on the WebApp, the "News" button has blue text whenever there is something you didn't read.

chrome_2017-03-29_16-48-12.png.48923854c80e54490c4deb4f623fef16.png

-Paul

• 1 month later...

Paul,

Thanks for your responce,

·         Scratch the branding we now pay for the newer license.

·         The DPI switcher in windows either makes it too big or too small, changing with registry hacks makes it even worse as the dashboard app does not scale properly.

Therefore I think native scaling from the app itself would be perfect.

·         Custom scaling needs to be native as the way windows does it is terrible.

Needs to be granular from 100% to 200% (Title of group size + actual size of coloured indicators and name of system)

·         Correct on your understanding of order by severity

·         Correct on split groups, we have multiple screens on the wall we can utilise better

·         Glad you agree on the flashing icons – this would be perfect to catch our attention. Not sure how easily this can be achieved with the way the table groups are loaded. (not seen your source) + may be a good idea to allow an option to flash the group header bar too?

From our management meeting, I have some more requests:

1.      Allow running dashboard multiple times with separate configs (if this can be done with separate installs, please let us know

2.      Allow custom clock and news reel size on dashboard.

3.      Allow setting custom background (behind groups)

4.      Allow removing top grey bar area (company logo, online systems and page)

5.      Enable run as option for cmd (username: password: domain:) {I know you can do this with powershell, but we have a use within may be a good idea to add this option to apps eg attached

6.      We don’t see scripts within the windows app, is this being worked on?

7.      Merge screens and users into one option – it makes more sense to allow us to see the screen of the user whilst on the users area + allowing to change the refresh rate of the image would be perfect (we don’t need full video, but an indication of someone is doing)

8.      Allow deletion of folders in the file browser (we can only delete files at this time)

9.      Group scripts – where we currently have group tasks, we would like a quick option to send a script to all those groups (rather than setting up a task)

10.  Group Terminal + Powershell (same as above, but would allow us to quickly type something out)

11.  On the phone apps especially – we need an option to silence certain severity levels (Vibration + tones + Notification) as we only really care about critical issues, everything else is more for logging purposes. Currently, we can enable and disable vibration for all not individually, setting tones seems to be good, no option to only show certain severity though.

12.  Rules – for example: if user=barry logs in send critical alert (I’m considering your api to see if we can do this for ourselves)

13.  Enable logging of what files get copied to external devices (this would be perfect for security)

Thank you,

Tim

rp.png

• 1 year later...

Admins,

Any update on above, we are still missing scripts and tasks in the win10 app not to mention basic search functions.

The android app notifications are annoying, seems like it will vibrate for all severities, I only care about critical notifications for example.

I've had to change how your OSname reg entry is used, we need to see more information and be able to search for people via IP. so I wrote a system assistant application to change certain reg keys on the fly:

image.png.be0eefe864fc57d3e1d3205ad53d04d0.png

Would be good to have a field in the registry that we could utilise like this please, and a notes field that is stored on the machine (could populate with logs etc...)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

• 1 month later...