Sorry, next crazy idea: Cleanup Server Modules

cjs1976

Hi,

at the moment, if I go through the config, I see allways a lot of Stuff in the Server Modules which I don't need all the time. I think, it would be better, to change this to a variable system, where I can aktivate/deaktivate the Server Modules I want to use (see).

And with such a solution, maybe, you could make it like a PlugIn-System, so that the company behind some Server Software can create their own PlugIn whithout telling their secrets.

For example. Sometimes I use Altaro VM Backup. I see Windows Server Backup and StorageCraft ShadowProtect, but I have to ignore them and create my own notification over the Event Log filter. With my idea, I don't activate Windows Server Backup and StorageCraft ShadowProtect, so I don't see them. The guys behind Altaro VM Backup created a PlugIn which I can add an activate, and this will be shown in the Server Modules, and so I can monitor it.

I hope you understand what my point is. I know it's not urgent, and it's not a must have, but in my opinion it would help to keep the configuration of the agent clean, and would give some developers the possibility to support your monitoring solution without telling secrets of their holy cow.

Thanks,
Christian.

• Administrators

Hi Christian,

We already support creating plugins, it's just that they won't create tabs inside the server module but they are configured from the Plugins page. You can find a list of our plugins here:

-Paul

• 4 months later...

Hi Paul,

sorry for the delay, I completely forgot this task...

The idea is a cleanup. Not everyone needs all of the offered server options. The idea was to give the chance to choose which server options (e.g. Eset, Storagecraft...) I want to see in the config menue of my Pulseway Manager.

Thanks,
Christian.

• Administrators

We plan to move the entire configuration in the WebApp so hiding stuff you don't want to see will be a great addition when we start working on that.

-Paul