Two Factor Authentication

jsaidoo

I would love to use PC Monitor for my organization. However, our security policies require two factor authentication. I would like to see something similar to LogMeIn, where, upon logging in, the user is (optionally) emailed a one time use code before access is granted.

• Administrators

This can be implemented for mobile apps and web app. For the mobile app this needs to be optimized so the code is valid for 30 mins or so after the first use (the interval can be set on the server) otherwise it can be hard to use the app if you open it many times. We will surely consider adding this.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

This has been implemented for the WebApp and for all the account settings. You can enable it in PC Monitor Manager -> Account Details -> Security.

As for the mobile, we've added Device Policies and Default Device Policies (in PC Monitor Manager -> Registered Devices) - you can define access level policies to the computers for a specific mobile device as well as define the default policies (you can disable all new devices from having any access unless a specific policy is defined for each).

As for sending an email / sms, if this is going to be sent to the same mobile PC Monitor runs on that's not good. That's why we went for Mobile Device Policies.