Another Newbie Question

domquark

Firstly - great product. This is just what I am looking for. :)

Secondly, I am currently evaluating the free version. Looking to ugrading to the full version, are there any restrictions on multiple users/logons? Basically, there would be 2 people (myself plus one other), both with Android phones and using the desktop client. Is this possible with the "standard" version, or would we need the Enterprise version?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hello,

There is a rule that clearly states that one person can have only one account. This is enforced to prevent evaluation cheating. You are allowed to share your account with anyone as long as you want as long as you understand the risks this may cause.

Enterprise servers allows you to make computer sharing with multiple account based an access policies, if you need something more professional.

Hi Paul,

Wasn't trying to cheat - hadn't even thought about it, hence the question.

Looks like the Enterprise solution would be better for us (we are a small Computer Support company - there are only 2 of us - that need to monitor 20+ Servers). Just didn't really want to have to put the software on a local system/host our own [monitoring] server.

Many thanks for your help,

Dom

• Administrators

Hi,

On the subscriptions you can have only one account but you can use it on multiple devices.

If you need to set up multiple accounts this can be done with the Enterprise Server - you can manage the accounts and assign rights for each account. Typically you can have one or more monitoring accounts that you will use to monitor the computers and have user accounts that will be given access to those computers (full access or read only).

• Administrators

Hi Paul,

Wasn't trying to cheat - hadn't even thought about it, hence the question.

Looks like the Enterprise solution would be better for us (we are a small Computer Support company - there are only 2 of us - that need to monitor 20+ Servers). Just didn't really want to have to put the software on a local system/host our own [monitoring] server.

Many thanks for your help,

Dom

Hello,

I expressed myself wrong. I wasn't trying to say you tried to cheat ^_^ . Sorry about that.

Same here, I use the PC Monitor software for support and we can't really host a server due to our bandwidth problems, but the retail servers are working awesome. I am in the same situation as you are, me and my brother use the same account so that's what I was trying to tell you.

Thanks Marius for clearing it out.

Paul.

Thanks for the info Paul and Marius. :)

And no worries Paul!

Will probably not go for the Enterprise version due to the same bandwidth issue (here in the UK, ISP's are really hot on over-usage!!) and the need for a stand-alone monitor machine.

Dom