LDAP Authentication

Michel van Son

I've installed the self hosted RMM on a server with configuration:

• Windows server 2012 R2
  • MSSQL Express 2016
  • Domain joined server
  • Trial license

Now I'd like to add some Active Directory users. What would be totally awesome is if I could just create and AD group, say 'RMM Admins' and have all members of that group be an admin on the RMM platform.

I haven't seen this feature in the manual or in the Pulseway Enterprise Manager. Am I missing something ?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hi Michel,

The Pulseway Enterprise software doesn't support LDAP integration at this moment. We will consider it for a future release.

-Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the fast response.

Please do consider it, I think it will be a must have feature for larger companies with multiple support agents. Also, from a security standpoint, this is a good feature to have.
For example: when an employee quits, removing the AD account would automatically remove the RMM account and perhaps even PSA account !

• 5 weeks later...

We have some odd little quirks that are now showing due to the original admin account owner having left the company. The account cannot be renamed and we cannot seem to move system from one account to another, also all new systems start associated to the first admin and need editing to display.

• Staff

Yes, the account can't be renamed, but you can create a new account and register all agents with this account using a PowerShell script.

At first you need to register one of your agents with the new account and copy the values for the following registry keys:

• AccountPassword
  • AccountPasswordCtrl
  • AccountUsername
  • AccountUsernameCtrl

and then use these values in this script. You can run this script via the Automation module:

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\" -Name AccountPassword -Value "Enter the saved AccountPassword from the machine you've just configured"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\" -Name AccountPasswordCtrl -Value "Enter the saved AccountPasswordCtrl from the machine you've just configured"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\" -Name AccountUsername -Value "Enter the saved AccountUsername from the machine you've just configured"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\" -Name AccountUsernameCtrl -Value "Enter the saved AccountUsernameCtrl from the machine you've just configured"