Script remove irrelevant notifications

Hey Forum,

We have a lot of notification pairs that are hardly relevant because they are pairs. E.g.: a ping doesn't respond for ten minutes and than it comes back again. Personally I don't mind these because it gives me a better understanding of what's going on in my networks, but my employer heard from the reseller that a simple script can delete the notifications when a pair forms. I do have to admit that it would be nice if rebooting a server wouldn't make such a mess of these notifications. I was told to look into implementing it, but I can't quite find it. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is this even a real thing?

- Jaapyse

• Administrators

Hi there,

This is the first time I'm hearing of this script so it's definitely nothing something officially published by Pulseway. One could implement this using our REST API however it would involve parsing the notification message and identifying it based on patterns. This is not an easy solution and would require you to update it whenever we would change the notification messages. I've added a todo on our list to also include the notification type into the API output so you can identify the notification without having to parse the message.

-Paul