FeAtUrE REQUEST: more granular info in scripts & tasks.

ComputerConsulting

I rebooted EVERYONE in my dashboard yesterday to the great surprise of everyone in my dashboard who was not at lunch.  I created some scripts which I though did not contain a shutdown command but there was one in one of the scripts.  When creating a task, I can add a script, but I cannot see what is in the script without backing out and editing the script again.

I can think of two things: 

1.  I would like to be able to peek inside a script before adding it to a task.

2.  I would like to color code scripts.  If I choose red for scripts with a shutdown command, then I can easily see danger including said script.

• Administrators

Hi there,

Oh noes :(. You're right, we definitely need a "peek script" function from the task list to avoid further confusions. As for the script color, this would be awesome to have. I am a big fan of color coding things.

-Paul

On 1/16/2017 at 2:44 PM, Paul said:

Hi there,

Oh noes :(. You're right, we definitely need a "peek script" function from the task list to avoid further confusions. As for the script color, this would be awesome to have. I am a big fan of color coding things.

-Paul

As it stands now, I preface scripts with "Set C Drive Dirty and reboot" so at least I know it's got some power to cause annoyance if not executed at night. The (in brackets) for me indicates SHUTDOWN.

• 4 weeks later...