Windows doesn't always start the Pulseway service 100% of the time.

ComputerConsulting

I had a conversation yesterday with Vick at Pulseway and discussed my solution to the problem of the Pulseway service not starting reliably 100 percent of the time.  I always set the service to run delayed in Windows. 

I have had to do this with ScreenConnect as well.  If I do not, every once in a while, on reboot, I will find the service not running.  This is a real problem if I only had the remote built into Pulseway as my remote control, but I run ScreenConnect.  What I find, is that Pulseway may not be working but ScreenConnect is running, or it works the other way.  

I would like to see an option on install of the agent, in the form of a radio button that I can check, to have the service installed and run delayed as opposed to a normal service start.

• Administrators

Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago we've released the 4.9.6 agent update which speeds up the service startup which should've resolved the issues to the service startup issues. I've sent you an email on the address on your profile as we'd like to further investigate why the service isn't startup up in your case.

-Paul

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago we've released the 4.9.6 agent update which speeds up the service startup which should've resolved the issues to the service startup issues. I've sent you an email on the address on your profile as we'd like to further investigate why the service isn't startup up in your case.

-Paul

I've experienced this on different machines, and not just for Pulseway but for ScreenConnect as well.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, ComputerConsulting said:

I've experienced this on different machines, and not just for Pulseway but for ScreenConnect as well.

Is there anything in the Windows Event Log related to the Service Control Manager?

-Paul