Remote Desktop On Mac

Digital

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was in the same position as you, but I also needed to connect to Android and iOS devices to assist some of my clients with their Mobile devices.  I looked at ScreenConnect, Teamviewer and a couple others.  I eventually settled with Splashtop SOS in addition to the Pulseway RDP.  It is very cost effective and works very well.  If you are looking at a cheaper alternative (free), Chrome Remote Desktop might be your answer.  It works for Mac as well, but not for mobile device access, not yet anyway.  Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
On 18-1-2018 at 10:08 PM, SinglrClickIT said:

Since it's not even on the Roadmap I guess that answers my question. I will have to find a third party solution for desktop support of my Mac users.

I am in the same spot! And with applications going web based more often, company’s slowly starting to give users freedom, i think it would be wise to not neglect the Apple users :-) i understand that the Windows base is bigger then the Apple base, but still.. Pulseway isnt the only RMM provider to do this, so better get ahead of the competition ;-)

• 2 months later...

Greetings Chris,

Any update on the status of RD for Mac? I've literally checked Pulseway's site every day since I came across your forum post (since early April). We really like Pulseway, but have a 90% Mac environment.

thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi Levi,

Unfortunately we had to drop the integration we were building with a 3rd party software due to last minute disagreements so we are going to be improving our own RD in the following months.

-Paul

This is such a shame, along with not being able to remotely control from the Mobile App, Pulseway is billed as Mobile-First but yet mobile comes last!

Please someone go back to your roots and deploy features and management that are designed with Mobile First and web second in your development cycle and give us the tools we need to do our job or we will need to start looking at other solutions which will be a shame!

This is going to factor into my decision to stay or go with another company. When we started we knew there was no Mac RD, but the eta was a few months and it was coming. I understand delays. From an outsiders point of view it looks like controlled chaos with you guys jumping all over the place on whats coming and when. The current RD application on the PC is quite poor when it comes to features and speed. 

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I'm excited to let you know that we've hired two new developers that are working on the Remote Desktop application and we estimate that an update that resolves some bugs and improves the speed and connection reliability is due to be out next week.

-Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...