Remote Desktop On Mac

Digital

• 2 weeks later...

If Pulseway already uses MS RDP for Windows systems, there are some RDP servers for Mac (NuoRDS - not open source) and Linux (xrdp) that could work. If you're looking at other protocols, there are VNC servers for Mac, Linux, and Android - but requires jailbreak for IOS as far as I can tell. 

It would be cool to remote into anything and everything through one tool. For now, I'm using NoMachine to get to my Linux desktops, since it has clients for Mac, Linux, and Android.

This is seriously upsetting. Pulseway is the closest to my desired price range and the most sensible for my use case, yet I am forced to use a VM to remote to my clients with windows. Not to mention, within the next two months I will have to take on a client with a few Macs and I am not quite sure what my plan is for that yet :/. If you guys could seriously either hop on the web RD tool or the mac RD tool, I would be so happy. I really love what you guys are building but I think you might want to pause a lot of the nitty gritty features and just get it up to speed in terms of being a cross platform solution.

• 2 months later...

We from ITiseasy are curious about the development state for MacOS RDP at this moment.Did pulseway started already and yes how far are you guys with this dev.?

If not, when do you expect to start dev. this solution?

Edited by ITiseasy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2020 at 7:04 PM, Continu IT Solutions said:

schweeeet! Thank you!

It's available in version 8.4.0 now! :)

I had to open Pulseway preferences on the machine and go into System -> Remote Control and enable it first. It's also necessary give the PulsewayAgent three different permissions within the security and integrity section of the system settings. 

I've tried it a few times and it seems to be working fine. The screen updates seems a bit sluggish but that might be because the machine is on wifi, and it's also in beta which may explain things. I love the fact that we are also able to transfer files back and forth. 

@Paul - Do you have any news to share if the enable remote control process on Mac will become easier further down the road? I'm more specifically thinking about enabling remote control on the agent using policies from the webGUI. 

Thanks, and well done implementing this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 5:03 AM, AC_Martin_J said:

It's available in version 8.4.0 now! :)

I had to open Pulseway preferences on the machine and go into System -> Remote Control and enable it first. It's also necessary give the PulsewayAgent three different permissions within the security and integrity section of the system settings. 

I've tried it a few times and it seems to be working fine. The screen updates seems a bit sluggish but that might be because the machine is on wifi, and it's also in beta which may explain things. I love the fact that we are also able to transfer files back and forth. 

@Paul - Do you have any news to share if the enable remote control process on Mac will become easier further down the road? I'm more specifically thinking about enabling remote control on the agent using policies from the webGUI. 

Thanks, and well done implementing this!

No the performance is sub par. I have had issues with it fully locking up the mac during a remote session and it requiring a hard reset. the responsiveness to mouse and keyboard inputs lag badly. Not any of the 30+ macs i have deployed it on has worked great. Does not matter if the mac is hard wired or on wifi, performance is the same. I have also tried different internet connections.