Additional IPAD/Iphone management

Simon Hooper

Regarding why one shouldn't allow all devices, here are 2 good reasons off the top of my head: Mobile devices get lost and stolen, and employees get terminated. If all you have securing PC Monitor--a VERY powerful utility usable unsupervised and off-premises, access to which should not be granted lightly--is the username & password, you have to change that on every device and for the service itself.

No thanks!

<editorial>Unfortunately, Simon, PCM is not very enterprise-friendly when it comes to pushing changes. (Please join me in making noise about that!) Apparently the PCM server includes some sort of push config capability; maybe that would address this. I've not purchased it yet; I probably will when I'm in production with it. But I feel that there should be SOME way to do a home-brew push config with Group Policy Preferences/Registry or .reg files without that expense, even if not supported, as there is with most programs. The design of PCMs registry settings prevents that. And even a handful of computers is too many to manage one at a time.</editorial>

I've been able to push config changes on machines that have common settings, but this particular setting doesn't lend itself to that (with good reason) because each computer appears to have a different hash for mobile device IDs. If there's a solution for that, it will need to come from Marius.

• Administrators

Jeff, I do appreciate your posts and suggestions (surely there's no need for the noise). We are developing this solution and we are listening to all of them. We will add remote device authorization/deauthorization for multiple computers.

Squeaking wheel gets the grease, they say. Push management was, IIRC, the first thing I posted about here, and it remains my number one unfilled need. If I can recruit others to "me too" the idea, perhaps it will become a higher priority. As Simon's request was push-management related; I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Thanks for providing this forum for your customers to help shape PC Monitor, and for listening.

• 2 weeks later...