Monitoring Mac Database Server

BettR

I have been searching for a way to have my Mac Pro running 4D Server app notify me if the server app has "hung" or crashed outright. I am not a programmer, but simply a small business owner trying to stay on top of the systems we have. Having stumbled into Pulseway this week, I am so far impressed with its capabilities. It looks just like what I need!

However, I could not find a way to tell it to notify me if my database app runs into trouble. The physical machine is extremely stable, but I am grateful for the notifications that Pulseway offers in terms of dismounting volumes, failing drives, etc. My one last need is to be notified if the server application hangs or crashes. I have identified the app in the Notifications/Applications panel: Send a notification when an application is closed. I then picked the 4D Server.app from the list. However, I was hoping there was a way to build a script that would let me know if the server was still up, but not responding. But not a programmer, like I said.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...