Custom Report Templates

• Administrators

Hi Martin,

Not yet, but you could always write an automation script that would retrieve the information you want on all systems. Unfortunately there is no way to run a report based on the automation output but we will be adding this in a future release.

-Paul

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Well you can now hide certain elements from a report but having a report designer in the WebApp is something we want to have in the future.

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wau @Paul, that's amazing!

But to make it all perfect, here are some improvement ideas, that could be configured on the report.

* Skip/ignore/hide scripts/task that doesn't generate output.

* Skip/ignore/hide scripts/tasks with Exit Code 0.

Thumbs up!

Martin.

And a tiny question @Paul. :-)

I have made a report scoped for a subset for systems, based on a task scoped for "All Systems",
The report does only contains reports for the subset of systems, but the frontpage says "All Systems" and indicates that it has also been executed on all systems.
Is that expected behaviour?

Br, Martin.

Edited by Martin Stevnhoved

• Administrators

Hey Martin,

Thank you for the suggestions, they are really good and we're implementing them. You should see them in the next release.

In regards to the report, can you send me a PM with some screenshots of the report and task configurations and the report you've generated?

-Paul

• Staff

Hi Martin,

On 2/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, Martin Stevnhoved said:

The report does only contains reports for the subset of systems, but the frontpage says "All Systems" and indicates that it has also been executed on all systems.

The report scope in on the top right under the 'Task Execution Output'.

2071759484_Screenshot2019-02-05at15_58_35.png.620048967753c24088e59b10aff158d3.png

The Task scope is display under the Task description:

72740714_Screenshot2019-02-05at15_59_00.png.f81903e7f227d97b0d88cf731a9f5ba8.png

In your case the Task scope is  'All Systems' (was executed on all systems) and you create the report for a particular scope. This mean the report will get the Task executions for the systems that will match the report scope.

15 hours ago, Mark said:

In your case the Task scope is  'All Systems' (was executed on all systems) and you create the report for a particular scope. This mean the report will get the Task executions for the systems that will match the report scope. 

Hi Mark.

That was also was I understood was happening. I was just asking if it was the expected behavior, and I now understand it is.

For me it was just more intuitive if the scope was inherited from the report to the task.

If you don't run a task directly (or by schedule) what would be the idea of running it on an other subset then the report does.

For me the best practice would be to let the scope be inherit, or just drop the scope selection on the report. But it was just my thoughts. :-)

Aha, now I understand!
The report does not execute the report, but just uses the last execution history.

I don't think it is the best approach, because we should then double-schedule to create a report.
But I now understand it works. Perhaps you should rename the template to "Last Task Execution Report", to be less misleading.