PCM repository

JeffVandervoort

I've found that my PC Monitor configuration changes tend to be retroactive. When something goes wrong with a machine, I think, "Sure wish I had a Notification set up for that." And that's when I do it.

Currently, PC Monitor gives us a tool but it's up to us to make it useful. So we all have to reinvent the wheel. For example, in the Windows world, we all want to know when System/EventLog/6008 occurs (unexpected shutdown) but we might not think of creating a Notification until it happens. Many more are less universal, but would still have broad appeal.

I'd like to see a PC Monitor Repository containing exports of useful PCM settings. User-submitted & MMSoft-submitted.

Ideally, something like the Technet Script Repository: With similar categories you can browse and search by OS, hardware vendor, PC Monitor "tab", storage, AD, security, RDS, SQL, Exchange, Hyper-V, Networking, Power Management, etc. http://gallery.techn...om/scriptcenter

Just browsing what others have done would give me ideas for my system, even if I had to modify them for my specific hardware or software. (And then I could post my changes.)

The BEST way to implement this would be if we could browse and submit these directly from the "tabs" in PC Monitor & Dashboard (and the PCM server product, which I've not yet seen), instead of downloading them from the web site, copying them to a server and importing them.