Best Practice for multiple users

I've read this blog here about 'setting up multiple user accounts'.

I've not tested this out as yet - but what happens to the installed monitored agent if you delete a the user from the being a user of pulseway (i.e. the employee / contractor is terminated)...
Does the agent still remain actively monitored? - or does it get lost? - or does the system not allow the deletion of the user until all agents responsible are moved to a new user? - Is there a clean handover? - or do we have to login to each monitored agent device and change credentials before the deletion of the user?

Also - when you adopt a to allow multiple users across multiple agents... when it comes to on-boarding a new user, does it not get a little confusing which agent has been installed by multiple users?...

I'm thinking there is some  best practice answers to my questions...

Thanks - Grunta

• Staff

Hi Grunta,

When you delete a user it's registered agents will not be uninstalled but they will stop registering with the server since the credentials are wrong.

Regards

Chris

Wouldn't it be better to use username and password just for registering the agent with the server and then exchange a key between both systems? This way it qould be easy to move systems between users without changing anything in the agent configuration. Even password changes could be survived by the agent.

Regards

• Administrators

Hi Dilbert,

That's a great idea, we are actually considering on introducing some sort of an access token which you can revoke at any time. This is something we will consider to improve the agent security in the future.

-Paul

Thanks Paul - thats the answer I was kind of angling for....

Although it's something we haven't experienced (yet) - but if we had a contractor or employee issue, we would like to cut the tie immediately without any disruption to our agent devices...

Look forward to it hitting an update in the near future (I hope)..

Thanks - Grunta