Some sugestions/questions from a potential buyer

jjacobs

We're a large multinational considering buying pulseway for our network management.

what im missing though is reporting.. I suppose it does basic reports, but the reports currently spit out by pulseway are not good enough to show to our direction :) also, it would be nice to incorporate some form of asset management, Pulseay would be the ideal tool foor this, currently we use managedengine but its been decided we're switching to JIRA, so we need to look into other options for that. Bringing me to the point of JIRA integration! Pulseway integrates to Zendesk? Would it be possible to do the same for JIRA?

also, the dashboard app on Windows 10 doesnt allow for remote desktop integration? The app with the ticker on the bottom does, but it looks much worse them the Pulseway app on Windows 10, which could use some modification options like background color, and preferably also the PULSEWAY text on the left top, would be nice if it could show the company name or whatever the user wants. 

So far im very pleased with Pulseway, i'm having to convince ,y collegue to see the same things i see as well :) 

• Staff

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for your interest in Pulseway. We understand that our current reporting implementation is limited however rest assured as we are working on a better reporting engine as we speak which features historical data aggregation, rebranding, charts and scheduling.

There is no JIRA integration at this moment however we plan on adding the ability to call generic web hooks that will allow you to integrate Pulseway with JIRA easily.

Pulseway Remote Desktop connections can be initiated from the Pulseway Dashboard (Windows Desktop App - not the Windows 10 Metro Client) and the Pulseway Remote Desktop Client (Windows Desktop App). We plan on introducing support for the HTML Web Application and the rest of the Client apps in the future as per our Roadmap.

We're going to have a Dashboard app replacement on the HTML Web App in the future too, would you be able to enumerate the top 5 features that you'd love to see in a new Dashboard app?

Once we support rebranding on the HTML Web App and Reports we are going to extend it to the other clients (including mobile apps) and possibly the agents as well.

Chris

Ahh this is a dream come true and makes my case to the business a whole lot stronger :) 

what i would like to see in a new dashboard app? Well i wouldnt want a new dashboard app perse! I currently run the Windows 10 metro app, and the only "real" provlem is that i can't initiate a remote desktop session from it.. 

On another note, we plan to use Pulseway to monitor client laptops, our server infrastructure, and our network structure, it would be nice to have seperate dashboards for those, so say i run the dashboard on PC one and select "show SNMP dashboard" to show the network infrastructure, then i run a dashboard on PC two where i can select "show server dashboard" etc.. I suppose this is possible allready through the filtering option but im not sure? I like the simplicity of the metro app, its a great, clean way of showing issues without getting too much distraction. Make it "themeable" so i can select our company's color and i could awe our CIO off her feet :) 

also, while this may not perse be in the field of pulseway as a monitoring tool, it would be handy to use it in combination with asset management.. Pulseway allready knows all about the inventory, if we could somehow store this info for further use, this would be wonderful!

I get that pulseway is about monitoring, and personally i think it does this far better then PRTG or Kaseya, which we also looked into, and it has so many bonus when it comes to mobility! But to our management, they simply want stats and reports! They dont care how i monitor, or what i do it with.. As long as they get easy to understand piecharts at the end of our quarterly meetings. All they care about is cost management and SLA Compliance, if you catch what i mean :) 

maybe you should hire me and i help you form a complete IT product inclusive asset/compliance management etc etc :) 

but seriously, with Pulseway allready knowing everything about the network and the nodes, this would be the perfect tool for such things. Hook it up to Jira servicedesk module and BAM! Nobody would have an excuse NOT to go for Pulseway :) 

On another note.. Perhaps a feature that aids in software installation, like "IF a

Adobe Reader == Installed THEN nothing ELSE install Adobe Reader"

you know? Like, its currently possible to use powershell for that, but then i have to manually run it on all nodes? Would be much prettier if i can push it directly from pulseway dashboard to multiple clients much like GPO, except it would work even when the client is not connected to the domain (we have many users who only enter the office once every 6 months, and now we are forced to manually login using teamviewer to install software) hmmm.. I will see what else idea's i can come up with, im sure once i convinced my collegue's of the value, i will have time to test and come up with a multitude of idea's that could extend Pulseway by means of a plugin or so :) 

edit one:

like said above we are beginning with JIRA soon, perhaps the "request support" feature in Pulseway could be used to allow tickets to be created automaticly? Like user uses the request support, but instead of a notification, i could opt for it to be send as a mail message to say tickets@mysomain.com which the Servicedesk software automaticly reads to create tickets in the system? 

• Staff
2 hours ago, jjacobs said:

On another note.. Perhaps a feature that aids in software installation, like "IF a

Adobe Reader == Installed THEN nothing ELSE install Adobe Reader"

you know? Like, its currently possible to use powershell for that, but then i have to manually run it on all nodes? Would be much prettier if i can push it directly from pulseway dashboard to multiple clients much like GPO, except it would work even when the client is not connected to the domain (we have many users who only enter the office once every 6 months, and now we are forced to manually login using teamviewer to install software) hmmm.. I will see what else idea's i can come up with, im sure once i convinced my collegue's of the value, i will have time to test and come up with a multitude of idea's that could extend Pulseway by means of a plugin or so :) 

edit one:

like said above we are beginning with JIRA soon, perhaps the "request support" feature in Pulseway could be used to allow tickets to be created automaticly? Like user uses the request support, but instead of a notification, i could opt for it to be send as a mail message to say tickets@mysomain.com which the Servicedesk software automaticly reads to create tickets in the system? 

Thank you for your feedback, this very valuable for us. We are currently working on an Automation module which will allow you to run scripts on a scope of systems (subset of systems, groups and tags) and even schedule their execution.

Generally speaking, our integrations are at a notification level so having support requests fire as notifications will actually trigger Pulseway's hooks to create the ticket and notify the agents via phone which I personally think is pretty cool.

You could give a go to the Ninite Plugin which allows you to perform third party patch management of your systems.

Well unfortunatly the company has decided to drop the whole monitoring project :(  luckil im still having my own business so i do get to play with Pulseway ;-) 

the reason for not going on with Pulseway are, besides political (in my view) the fact that it doesnt have software inventory, i was told that with what we use (PRTG, teamviewer, hostmonitor) allready they saw no reason to switch other then the possible use of pulseway when it had software inventory :(