Manage Tags from Pulseway Manager

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Hi Steve,

There is no such thing as a stupid question :lol:.

You can add a tag from the system details page by clicking on the Tags entry and then from the top right corner you will find a button that says "Add Tags". From there you can create new tags. Check out this blog post for more information.

-Paul

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I would so l love to be able to automatically tag every machine that gets added into any organization with the organization's name :D. The reason why I would want this, is so that I can easily count ALL the devices for an organization without having to add up the online/offline devices for site and/or groups.

Unless there is a report that show this information. I have yet to find one that does that is ;).

Kind regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mark G38, 

Great idea, I would assume that you would have a workflow rule with a trigger of system is registered? I already have another workflow enabled with a system is registered trigger and it won't let me have more than one with that same trigger. :( Shame.

There seems to be a feature request for a "Billing" report that should provide the information that I am trying to generate. But for now I am manually tagging each device with "*Total [Organisation name]", then copying and pasting the text on the Systems > Tags page into 'Paste RAW data here' tab on the spreadsheet attached.

Cheers

Paul

Device Count.xlsx

@Powloj I'm not aware that there is a limitation on the trigger. I was pretty sure you could add more than 1 trigger of the same type, but I haven't run into that need myself, so I'd have to test it, but if you're saying it won't let you, then that is most unfortunate.  

In that cause, I'd suggest one of 2 things. 

1.  Just add the tagging to your existing system registered trigger. Since it's just adding a tag, I can't imagine it would hurt your existing workflow to just add a step of adding a tag.

2. The Rest API gives you the ability to pull system info complete with the name and group/organization it belongs to.  You could very easily pull this info, make PowerShell do a "count" and give you totals.  You could even have it export the results to csv for you.