Unattended installation with Remote Desktop module

dfranciscus

Hello,

I created a windows agent config file by exporting from an existing installation with the Remote Desktop module installed, but when I use that configuration with a fresh installation Remote Desktop module does not install. Is this normal? Is there something else that needs to be done to have the Remote Desktop module install automatically?

• Staff

Hi,

You can setup a Pulseway group policy to automatically enable the Remote Desktop module (the service will automatically download and install the latest version of the module). Check out the page 19 of the user manual (link).

Chris

• 1 year later...

Is the above also possible with a PowerShell script or something.

You may not have access to the computer but have pulseway installed without Remote Desktop.

So would be nice to enable it than with a script?

• Staff

Yes, you can enable the Remote Desktop via the Powershell script.

Also you can enable the Remote Desktop via the Pulseway Dashboard (right-click on the system and select the option "Edit Computer Settings"). 

• 3 years later...

I apologize for reviving a 4 year old topic, but did anybody ever figure out a way to do this without having to enter a command after the fact?  Optimally, I would be able to just enable remote desktop from the jump.

Hello TeeJay, 

You can configure Pulseway group policy to enable remote desktop without manually entering a script, please follow the below steps to enable remote desktop through Pulseway group policy.

Open Pulseway WebApp->Server Admin->Policies->create new policy->give a name to the policy followed by a short description->System->Remote desktop->Enable the check box "Enable remote desktop"->Save.

image.thumb.png.c5f9547d2c1c780e38423c3ceb843f90.png

Please refer to the below link on how to create a group policy and execute it over a scope of systems.

https://intercom.help/pulseway/en/articles/1856141-how-to-configure-pulseway-group-policies