Dashboard for mobile devices

bastian

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user and still in my trial period. So far I am very impressed with what I see, but I lack something when it comes to the dashboard. Also apologies for posting here, as I know that this is for windows in this section of the forums, but like

i do not know where else to post this.

My situation is the following. I am the sysadmin in a company where our boss (who btw is not computer literate at all) wants to see and control everything. He saw me using the android app for pulseway (he has the dashboard on his win pc) and wants the same for his mobile. I however do not think it would be wise to give him such access on his phone, in the fear that he might do something stupid (like put the server in to maintenance or reboot, or start spamming messages to logged in users etc..) so i was wondering if there is a possibility to find a dashboard for android and iPhone?

Please spare comments as remote desktops, or installing a VM or any of those things. Just a plain dashboard for mobile devices is what we need. That way, the boss can monitor if the server is online, and receive notices, but at the same time he would not be able to 'do' anything to the server.

Kind regards,

Bastian

• Staff

Hi Bastian,

Thank you for the kind words. You could setup a device access policy for his mobile phone to only give him read-only access to the systems. He will still receive notifications and be able to check the status of systems but no commands will be displayed or allowed from his phone. Check out this blog post.

Chris

Hello again Chris,

Just a side question.. Is there a account configurator for linux? So far i only managed to find it in the windows agent. I am using slackware 14.1, and when i tried to install the agent here, all i got was the actual daemon, but not the configurator to manage my devices.

And via the webpanel i am only able to enable/disable devices, but not set read only policies on them.

Cheers.

• Staff

There is no GUI application for the Linux agent. You can configure the daemon by editing the configuration file from: /etc/pulseway/config.xml.sample and then renaming it to config.xml . Service notifications are also configured from the configuration file.

Chris

Hello Chris, 

It seems that we are talking about 2 different things. Back to my original issue, I need to set device access policies for some android clients. You linked me to a blog that only mentions a windows configurator (pulseway manager) in order for me to set device access policies.

I have setup the Linux server and its running smoothly. What i would like to know is, can i set device access policies for android clients WITHOUT having to download and install the Pulseway Manager, as this is for windows only or can i set the access policies elsewhere? (your documentation at: https://www.pulseway.com/download/UserManual.pdf has 89 pages on windows and nothing about what i need to accomplish. Your web application only gives me the options to allow or block a client, but not to set read-only policies).

This is the only step at the moment that is hindering us from proceeding to actually purchase your services for our servers, due to our admin's computers are all running Linux for their desktops and we do not want to have to install windows. I still can not find a proper documentation on the config.xml file, is it possible to set the policies in there? 

Kind regards,

Bastian.