Need information...Possible change..

OST_112

Have been using Labtech for a few years but it's becoming way to expensive and are looking for options, I know right off the bat no matter where we go we'll be probably losing a lot of features. But some features we don't use. Some questions..

1.In house server reliability with regards to the software itself. Is the in-house implementation reliable? Assuming hardware/OS are in good shape.

2.Agent reliability with regards to checkins?

3.Monitor reliability giving accurate information?

4.Most importantly is remote session reliability, and multiple remote session support. I'm used to working on 4-5 machines at once when needed lol. Currently using Screen Connect and can run as many as needed.  

I can go on and on but I think you get the drift....

Regards,

Joe W

I have been running the Enterprise version on a cloud server for two years. The only issues I have had is with the providers hardware causing lockups.  Never any issue with the software install or reliability.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Labtech is becoming expensive and you do not use al the features.  I have tested and used operationally many of the programs out there that do what Pulseway does.  Pulseway has endless possiblilities if you want it or you can use it for basic monitoring.  It is by far the best system for Techs who need the always knowing and mobility.

I would suggest you signup for a free 5 device account and test it out.  You will be very pleased.

David

5 hours ago, GTDFW said:

I have been running the Enterprise version on a cloud server for two years. The only issues I have had is with the providers hardware causing lockups.  Never any issue with the software install or reliability.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said Labtech is becoming expensive and you do not use al the features.  I have tested and used operationally many of the programs out there that do what Pulseway does.  Pulseway has endless possiblilities if you want it or you can use it for basic monitoring.  It is by far the best system for Techs who need the always knowing and mobility.

I would suggest you signup for a free 5 device account and test it out.  You will be very pleased.

David

Appreciate the response, a absolutely huge concern is remote connectivity. I'm assuming is it has basic screenconnect/teamviewer like functionality in addition to RDP etc...The video on connectivity seemed lacking in info lol...Like how many sessions can be open at once per tech etc....

Regards,

Joe W

• Staff
16 hours ago, OST_112 said:

Appreciate the response, a absolutely huge concern is remote connectivity. I'm assuming is it has basic screenconnect/teamviewer like functionality in addition to RDP etc...The video on connectivity seemed lacking in info lol...Like how many sessions can be open at once per tech etc....

Regards,

Joe W

On the Professional product you can only have one concurrent session per technician at this moment however on the Enterprise edition you can purchase additional remote desktop sessions. Full pricing is available here (under the pricing table).

Chris

2 hours ago, Chris said:

On the Professional product you can only have one concurrent session per technician at this moment however on the Enterprise edition you can purchase additional remote desktop sessions. Full pricing is available here (under the pricing table).

Chris

That's very limiting it seems....So basically what it seems is I have to pay what looks like an extra $500 for say 5 extra tech accounts a year as well as another $1440 for to actually run multiple remote sessions. Am I correct in this? I hate to say it that's almost as bad as the Labtech nickel and diming we're getting now.

• Staff

Yes, you are correct in the pricing calculation. At this moment we don't have a pricing plan that allows you to have unlimited remote desktop sessions per user account. It will be considered in the future.

Chris