The agent failed to start rd session

SimonW

Hello,

I first noticed this problem after performing a new install of agent 4.8.3 on an SBS 2011 server.   Capture.thumb.PNG.3e8593d3c33a63dbc6e4fe 

I thought it was related to just this Server (which has been rebooted since install and the firewall is disabled), but found that this error occurs with a number of Windows 7 hosts as well.  I can't immediately establish the reason why some hosts connect and others don't.

I've not encountered this error before so am unsure where to start with troubleshooting.

Appreciate any assistance.

Do you mean a 32 Bit version of Pulseway Agent, or the OSE?

I have checked two of the systems that fail to connect (Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7) and both OSE are 64 bit.

I've just noticed that I am unable to connect to any host that is on an external network to our Enterprise Server.  (I'm definitely trying to Remote Desktop, not Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection)

Edited by SimonW

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am also running into this situation. We just upgraded our Server 2008 R2 64Bit to Server 2012 R2 64Bit to make use of the remote desktop function and tool. However when trying to connect to any device we have it setup for we get the error "The agent failed to start the rd session." 

Any help with this would be amazing.

We do not use a proxy. Our Pulseway server is located on AWS though.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I just signed up for the trial SaaS, have two agents installed on Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and get the same error when trying to remote desktop - any logs or trouble shooting I can do?

Direct connection, no proxy