Notification when server Restart

Abelya

Hi, 

i have installed pulseway on Cento's 6.6. After reboot i cannot see the server online.

In the file config:

<!--Send a notification when the computer is offline-->
                <WhenOffline Enabled="true"/>
                <!--Send a notification when the computer is online-->
                <OnOnline Priority="0" Enabled="true"/>

But i see in the log message this error:

Oct 29 18:19:18 vcr pulseway: Error acquiring unique lock. Another process may use the file. Code: 11, Resource temporarily unavailable
Oct 29 18:19:25 vcr pulseway: Error while registering computer:SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]#012"Try Again"#012Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()
Oct 29 18:19:38 vcr pulseway: Error while registering computer:SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]#012"Try Again"#012Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()
Oct 29 18:19:51 vcr pulseway: Error while registering computer:SOAP 1.1 fault: SOAP-ENV:Client[no subcode]#012"Try Again"#012Detail: get host by name failed in tcp_connect()

After a manual restart of the service:

Oct 29 18:21:06 vcr pulseway: Configuration read successfully!

I can fix it???

Alessandro

is this configuration correct? I filled it with the correct user and pw

<Account Username="xxxxx" Password="xxxxx" UseCustomServer="false" CustomServerAddress=""/>

I also set manually DNS

for your information I've cloned the machine from another with pulseway already installed on it, is this could be generate problems?

Thanks

• Staff

If you've cloned the linux machine you need to remove the following file on the cloned system and restart the Pulseway service however this is not the source of the problem:

/var/pulseway/pulseway.id

The get host by name failed error means that your DNS server is not resolve the server DNS record. Do you use a local DNS server that doesn't forward queries to the root servers?

Chris

Edited by Chris