Check if file is not changed in last X mins and screenshorts

lbottan

Hi,

i am new to pulseway and i would like to ask the forum two things:

-Is there a way to receive an alert if a file is not updated in the last X mins? I have an app that updates a file every X mins ... i would like to be alerted if this app is not updating it anymore

-is there a way to see the screenshot of the server updated every X mins? or manual update? I see in the app a screenshot but it is blank...

• Staff

Hi,

Welcome to the Pulseway community. At this moment there is no support for notifying you if a file hasn't changed for a while however one could write a very simple plugin that does just that. You can check if the file didn't change and send a notification.

The logic would involve you calling this method: System.IO.File.GetLastWriteTime which returns the DateTime of the last modification date. You would create an if statement that compares the current DateTime (DateTime.Now) with the last write time and if it's been a while then send a notification.

if ((DateTime.Now - File.GetLastWriteTime(fileName)).TotalMinutes >= notificationThreshold)
    SendNotificationToAllDevices(fileName + " didn't change in " + notificationThreshold + " minute(s).");

I would put this check in the ClientPlugin.DataCheck method. Check out the plugin tutorial here: http://www.pulseway.com/api/client.

The reason why you see blank screenshots is that the server has a blank screensaver :lol:.

Chris

Edited by Chris

Sorry if i come back with the screens issue.

I have pulseway on a VPS, windows server 2012. 

When i am logged in microsoft remote desktop i can see the screen on pulseway ..

i see 2 screens:

-Login-Active that is ALWAYS black

-VPSX\Administartor that show the screen but only when i am logged in remotely....

As soon as i close the RDP connection the VPS\administrator goes to inactive and i can't see the screens anymore ... and the Login-Active remains black...

On this server i have an app that has to stay open so logged ... but of course i can' have a RDP always on..

no way to keep on seeing screens when logged off?

• Staff

Hi,

The reason why you see the Login screen always black is that there is a screensaver set by default to blank. On the other hand, RDP sessions when they disconnect no process can capture the screen (limitation of Microsoft). Try connecting to the console session (mstsc /admin) and see if that session remain active after you disconnect.

Chris