Task Scheduler Integration

kavaa

• Staff

Hi,

As Martin kindly pointed out, we already support listing scheduled tasks (you need to manually select from Pulseway Manager which scheduled tasks you wish to monitor System -> Scheduled Tasks) and then you will be able to start and stop them from the mobile apps / web interface.

Chris

• 9 months later...
On 9/7/2015 at 4:03 AM, Martin Stevnhoved said:

Hi.

My response was a bit short, because I wrote from the phone :-)

But is it possible to get notifications when a managed schedule task fails?

Best Regards,
Martin Stevnhoved

Is there an answer to this question????

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Martin & Kavaa,  I would suggest you create a Event Log rule in Pulseway to look for failed scheduled tasks.  When a task runs or doesn't run, Windows puts something in a system event log.  In Pulseway, create a rule in Notification > Event Logs.

The log you are looking for is Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler\Operational.  In Pulseway, scroll way down the list of available logs.  It's a bit further down.

This will pick up anything that fails to run because of an error (such as locked files, missing files, bad path, locked user accounts, etc).  If you are using scripts for your batch jobs, I also recommend adding something to the scripts that creates a custom entry in the Windows Application log as to the status of the script itself.  Then you can create another rule in Pulseway to look for those custom log entries.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, ChrystalSolutions said:

If you are using scripts for your batch jobs, I also recommend adding something to the scripts that creates a custom entry in the Windows Application log as to the status of the script itself.  Then you can create another rule in Pulseway to look for those custom log entries.

Or you can use this plugin to send notifications to Pulseway.

-Paul