Windows 10 WOL and startup notification not working

jpk2379

Hello,

I've been using Pulseway (PC Monitor) for years and love the app.  I just went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I find Pulseway is not allowing me to remote start.  Also, after a startup, it doesn't notify me that it's up and running.  If I go into my app on my phone, it shows it's up and running.  If I send a test notification from the PC, it notifies my phone.  I have the power setting set for Turn on fast startup is OFF.  I also tried the delayed start and that caused it to not start the service at all.  Everything worked perfectly in Windows 7.  I also ran the compatibility auto checker and it set it for Windows 8.  The app allows me to shut down the PC with no problems as well.  I'm stumped.

Any help is greatly appreciated on this!

• Staff

Hi,

Welcome to the Pulseway community. When you restart your operating system (or shut it down and turning it back on), does the Uptime indicator reset in the Pulseway mobile apps?

Chris

Yes it does.  It shows me how long it's been offline and how long it's been running.  Sorry for the delayed responsed, didn't have it set to notify me.

Edit: To correct my wording in the 1st post, it doesn't notify me of it being shut down either.  I only receive a notification if I press "Test Notifications"

• Staff

The shutdown notification can be lost if the operating system turns off the network adapter before informing the windows services of the power event. Can you try to power on your system using any other WOL app from within your network? I'm starting to believe that this is not related to Pulseway.

• 4 months later...

Hi I have the same problem. I was using Pulseaway for 2 years and works fine on my 3 different PC. Now I have changed the Windows Vista, Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the notifications not working. I set up all in the same configuration and still not working. I do not have notifications on my e-mail. But when I press the test notification on each PC than I receive the test notification.

What is wrong?

Pulseaway.jpg