Offline Pulseway Manager Changes

Not 100% sure if this has been suggested before, but I didn't see it when I was looking around. If it has, my apologies.

Offline Changes (per workstation)

I am currently monitoring quite a few workstations that are shutdown each night. For me, it would be really beneficial to be able to make changes to the Pulseway Manager (remotely via the Pulseway Dashboard) to a workstation even if that workstation were offline. Then, I would imagine, these changes could be added the next time the Pulseway agent were loaded/refreshed on that workstation.

The reason this would be nice is because it can be difficult to catch users while they're online, especially some laptops that only get started once in a while. I'm still pretty new to Pulseway, so still learning the best way to configure the Notifications, Rules, etc. Sometimes I'll find a new Task that I like, but it can take me weeks to set it up because these users are never online simultaneously.

Offline Changes (per group)

Also, I have no idea if this is even possible, or maybe it's already added even. It would be really cool to be able to set the Pulseway Manager settings via Dashboard to an entire group at once (aside from the Computer Name obviously). If this were put in with the suggestion above, I could see them working out really well. Apply a Group Setting, then configure a couple workstations that may be different or require different notifications.

Hopefully this makes sense. If not I can try to elaborate further.  :)

• Staff

Hi,

Welcome to the Pulseway community. While we don't have support for offline computer configuration changes, we do support creating a policy that takes effect in all systems part of the group. To manage Pulseway Group Policies (not to be confused with GPOs) open Pulseway Manager on any systems and go to Manage Systems -> Manage Group Policies. From there you'll be able to change some settings centrally for all systems part of the group. If a system is offline, it will pick up the Group Policy change next time it connects to the server. Please note that Pulseway Group Policies take effect at runtime and are not reflected in the local configuration of the system (they take effect but you don't see them in the local Pulseway Manager's configuration).

We plan on improving the configuration mechanism and procedures of the agents in the future to allow offline changes of agent configurations.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support