Unable to remove PC Monitor under Ubuntu 12.

Reklaimer

In order to upgrade to the latest version of Pulseway, I'm following the removal instructions for the old version as per this thread:

http://forum.pulseway.com/topic/1079-linux-agent-manual-upgrade/

after running the command

"dpkg --remove pcmonitor"

It outputs

"dpkg: warning: there's no installed package matching pcmonitor"

Am I missing something? Its been ages since I've install this into my Ubuntu 12.04 server so I'm not sure how I actually installed it. There doesn't seem to be any entry relating to "pcmonitor" under synaptec either. However I can still see everything going on within the app on my Android phone. The app still responds and notifies me when the PC reboots. I'm just not sure what I need to do to remove it. The version I have is 4.0.2.

Should I just delete the directory in /opt and continue to installing the new version?

Hi,

Just remove pcmonitor from /opt folder. Old java agent was installed via unziping the binaries into /opt folder.

Regards,

Mark

Done. Now I have Pulseway installed and have edited the sample .xml file and renamed it to config.xml and restarted Pulseway. However, I am not seeing my server under my devices list in my Android app. I did however delete the server from my monitored systems list. I thought it would auto-populate again when I would run Pulseway on the server, but it has not. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or does my new server just appear there in time?

EDIT - I see it now! Sorry for the impatience. Thanks for the help!