HP Proliant Hardware

pedroza23

• Administrators

Hello,

I myself am monitoring a proliant server too. I think it's possible to get controller's status using a simple S.M.A.R.T. query on the device itself, however this is not supported by PCM at this moment.

As for HP ILM it can be monitored because it has SNMP trapping features however this is not supported by PCM either.

As for ILO2 support it's a good feature, but I'm not sure if it would be a great success for PCM to add it because very few user have HP Proliant servers. I think it will only be possible once PCM has public API available and someone will make a third party addon for it.

As far as I know HP uses custom firmware with custom types of drivers for their equipment. PCM is all about generic features that can work on all types of clients not limited to the ones that have a specific brand. You can use PCM to get some stuff too if you find some custom apps that return or write the result in files then you use PCM to read those files.

Edited by Paul

• 4 years later...

Hey Paul,

I am currently working on monitoring various systems with HP Proliants and for me it would just be enough if I could do an HTTP GET "ping" to the web interface of the ILO to see if I can access it. I would need to do that from our own Pulseway server. Is that possible? If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

- Jaapyse

Hi guys,

If you install the HP Insight Agents, Windows event log entries are created for each service (HP Storage Service, Server Service, Network Service etc.).  We monitor the event logs  for any errors generated by these services using the event log module in Pulseway, which tells us about any failures (POST, hardware failure etc.)

Michael

• 4 months later...