SAML and Two Factor Authenticaion

mbarozzini

I was wondering if you had on the roadmap or if you could add the possiblity of doing SAML connections for use with single sign on, and if you guys had any plans to do MFA using Google Authenticator, RSA, or Duo Security, etc.?

I love the product and the capability of using it mobile, but it would be great to enhance both the web and mobile apps with added security.

• Staff

Hi,

Welcome to the Pulseway community! Yes, we plan on adding support for Google Authenticator on top of our Two Step Authentication via Email. There are no plans at this moment for SAML support however this is a great idea and we've added it on our list.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Support for MFA through Google Authenticator would be excellent.

Is there any indication on where in the roadmap this is?  Our current RMM has MFA and while email MFA works, it's not as convenient nor timely as a OTP from an app.

Many thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The two-factor authentication as it stands now, is woefully incomplete.

Until such time that the timeout for my browser login can be lengthened, I cannot use two-factor ID whether it is a OTP or a Google Authenticator number.

As in most two-factor implementations, I should be able to whitelist my current browser for at least 30 days and not be asked for it again.

The purpose of two-factor authentication is to keep the bad guys from logging in ONE TIME and all times, not to continually inconvenience me each and every time my browser decides to terminate the session for inactivity!

Harumph, Harumph ... wait a second, I didn't hear a Harumph out of that guy .....

• 3 years later...
On 1/13/2017 at 10:11 AM, ComputerConsulting said:

The two-factor authentication as it stands now, is woefully incomplete.

Until such time that the timeout for my browser login can be lengthened, I cannot use two-factor ID whether it is a OTP or a Google Authenticator number.

As in most two-factor implementations, I should be able to whitelist my current browser for at least 30 days and not be asked for it again.

The purpose of two-factor authentication is to keep the bad guys from logging in ONE TIME and all times, not to continually inconvenience me each and every time my browser decides to terminate the session for inactivity!

Harumph, Harumph ... wait a second, I didn't hear a Harumph out of that guy .....

Completely agree! Allthough the timeout can be lengthened now, it's still a big issue that we can't whitelist our browser. I turned on 2FA recently and I have to login to the WebGUI and Remote Control approximately twice a day. Extending the timeout even further doesn't seem like a good workaround. 

Also, please consider SAML-support, as mentioned earlier in this thread. We have ADFS and Smart Cards in our environment which we could then use to login to Pulseway.