Pulseway Manager - hidden settings

kupka.robert

If the monitoring system (Win, OSX) Pulseway Manager password is locked against changes are seen all settings, but they are disable. If triggered locked Pulseway Manager, there would be only the password field, and after successful login would only previewed the settings window. Thus, it is seen though disable many important settings and end user would not know what it is set. Perhaps just as it should ESET ideal. He can not even uninstall without a password.

TY, RK

• Staff

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback. We disagree with preventing administrative users from uninstalling Pulseway from their systems. An administrative user should always have control over installed software. Pulseway needs not to be hidden from the user, would you hide an antivirus product from a user? You need to explain to your users that Pulseway is there to ensure that their system is secure and monitored against unauthorised intrusions and it's not used to spy the user's activity on a system.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

Why should the user see the settings Pulseway Manager? Just asks why and how. Not to mention the fact that I had one user registers via erased password. Found it in your forum. In Antivirus Eset not see the settings until you enter the admin password. And it was good.
Speaking of the security. I bought a new iPhone, I cloned it from the old au App Pulseway ID has not changed. So I did not have for each monitored system to switch devices. Super, but when you think about it, what would happen if somebody else cloned my phone ..... I know it is my responsibility to secure the cell phone, but nowadays anything is possible. :-)
But even so, thank you for your response. :-)

RK

• Staff

Why should the user see the settings Pulseway Manager? Just asks why and how. Not to mention the fact that I had one user registers via erased password. Found it in your forum. In Antivirus Eset not see the settings until you enter the admin password. And it was good.
Speaking of the security. I bought a new iPhone, I cloned it from the old au App Pulseway ID has not changed. So I did not have for each monitored system to switch devices. Super, but when you think about it, what would happen if somebody else cloned my phone ..... I know it is my responsibility to secure the cell phone, but nowadays anything is possible. :-)
But even so, thank you for your response. :-)

RK

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply, we really appreciate your input on this case. A user should be able to see the agent's configuration to understand what the application does and to clear any security doubts. If your user erased the registry settings for the password lock feature then you should ask them why and clear any concerns on that moment.

Restoring a phone from a backup also copies application data. If your phone is protected with a simple passcode then iTunes will not backup nor connect to a phone until it gets unlocked with the correct passcode. Other people don't have access to your phone's data until you fill in your passcode on the phone.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 1 year later...

I can understand why you want to hide it..  Users are stupid..  Users hate knowing they can be monitored..  Ive had over 20 or 30 users uninstall the app..  Because they didn't like being watched they said.. 

As an IT service provider it's my job to watch what these morons are installing on their pc's.. I was hired to maintain and safeguard their network..

I to would like an ability to hide this program from removal from add remove programs..  Simple help does it..

• Administrators

Hi,

You can login as an administrator user and install the Pulseway app for "Current User" instead. When other users will look in the Programs and Features Pulseway will not be listed. Also, you can remove the user from the Administrators group, this will prevent them from uninstalling Pulseway.

If nothing works just remove the Uninstall key from the registry using CCleaner or plain regedit (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall).

-Paul

Hide Pulseway from Programs and Features:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{FFB50A7D-1792-4D46-8812-9200B1A6B153}]
"SystemComponent"=dword:00000001

You could also try to add "ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1" to the commandline string when doing the unattended installation.

Br, Martin.