Veeam

sdoyle

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi,

We've contacted Veeam to get more information about a possible integration, however we haven't heard back from them yet. We will keep you posted with updates when we have them.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi Christian,

We are currently working on an integration with an antivirus product and at the same time we're laying the foundations for an addons framework which will allow us to add integrations faster so once this is done we will be considering the next integration which is probably going to be backup or patch management.

-Paul

On 2.12.2016 at 5:01 PM, Paul said:

we're laying the foundations for an addons framework which will allow us to add integrations faster so once this is done we will be considering the next integration which is probably going to be backup or patch management.

Hi,

nearly every thread in this forum that is asking for new features is answered with "we will consider this", "we don't support this but maybe we will do this in a future release" or "we haven't got a reply from software vendor xyz". Now you're always talking about the addon framework. Most of the threads are 1 or more years old and still not integrated. 

I hope your development department will deliver at least some of the promised features. Otherwise we have to look for alternatives to Pulseway. Pulseway is very easy to use product with a great UI but for the price, we're expecting faster integration of new features (or integration at all). 

I've spent a lot of time to create Pulseway Plugins for monitoring different software or hardware. If I look at solutions like PRTG, I have most of these features out of the box. Monitoring of SNMP devices in PRTG is very easy and it automatically discovers new devices on the network. Yes, I can't do everything with it that I can do with Pulseway, but the arguments for using Pulseway instead of PRTG in our environment are only some limited features (Pulseway can perform maintenance of WSUS and AD) and can be used without a VPN to our customers. If this can be solved with PRTG and Pulseway does not provide more features or a better addon framework, we'll have to consider to switch to PRTG.

We need:

* More Backup solutions (Veeam, BackupAssist,...)

* Support for more Antivirus solutions (ESET 6, GDATA,...) 

* Easy monitoring of SNMP compatible devices 

* Patch Management (the existing solution with Ninite is unusable) 

Dilbert

• Administrators

Hi Dilbert,

We are working on an integration with an antivirus solution as we speak. This year we've introduced numerous small features and improvements in addition to the Automation, Reporting, White Labeling and Scoping. After the Antivirus integration we plan to add patch management (OS and 3rd party) and integrate with another backup provider.

We appreciate and listen to all customer feedback however we do prioritize requests based on the popularity of the feature requested and the amount of customer feedback we receive.

-Paul

14 hours ago, Paul said:

We appreciate and listen to all customer feedback however we do prioritize requests based on the popularity of the feature requested and the amount of customer feedback we receive. 

Hi Paul, 

this thread is almost two years old and a lot of people were asking for a small feature. Is this really so complicated? 

Dilbert 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi,

If you want to monitor the Veeam backup status, then this is possible using the Event Log filter from the Pulseway Manager -> Notifications -> Event Log and configure the event monitoring for the following log folder (Applications and Services Logs -> Veeam Backup). For more details, how to configure the Event log filter, please check the following article .