pulseway.pcmcfg as install template

FuzzyFuzzNuts

I'm new to Pulseway and need to deploy it to a number of customer servers, hand-configuring each one is going to take quite a bit of time, and the group policies section does not provide configuration of server modules. 

Can I customize pulseway.pcmcfg and use it as a new installation template? 

Am I able to trim down the config file to only the items I need to change/configure? 

• Staff

Hi,

Can I customize pulseway.pcmcfg and use it as a new installation template? 

Sure, you can push this configuration at the installer and it will automatically import the configuration file. See this post for more information.

Am I able to trim down the config file to only the items I need to change/configure? 

Unfortunately no, if you remove values from the exported configuration file defaults will be used.

We recommend you build a script that will do the following actions:

1. Run the Pulseway installer with the unattended arguments pointing at a pcmcfg configuration
  2. Stop the service (net stop Pulseway)
  3. Import a registry file (which will change only certain parts you wish to add)
  4. Start the service (net start Pulseway)

We have high interest in adding support for selective configuration export so we will definitely look into this.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Chris

I assume you refer to: registry\Computer\HKLM\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\   

That appears to be fairly straight-forward and useful for some of what i want to achieve. We manage a number of un-related customer sites, and being new to Puseway there is a bit of tweaking and changing as we work out what needs to be reported/monitored. 

Edited by Chris
fixed typo