Remote Desktop (Beta) - constant dropouts

mrlaxative

Hi Pulseway and fellow community,

I'm trialling Pulseway on 5 PCs as a possible RMM deployment to 40-50 PCs soon, however Remote Desktop capability is the real decider as to whether or not we will go ahead.

With Remote Desktop (Beta), I am able to establish connection with the PCs and open a remote session with no issues - however I am unable to keep the session open for longer than 30 secs-1 min before it freezes and completely drops the session. I am able to reestablish the session shortly after but again, it drops out after 30 seconds or so. Is anyone else experiencing these sorts of issues?

The computer I use to connect is connected to a wired network with 15Mbps ADSL but the remote computers are all on Wi-Fi with similar internet speeds. I have not had these dropout issues on these same PCs with other remote support programs including Teamviewer and VNC.

If anyone knows of any solutions to this issue, that would be fantastic. Everything else about Pulseway is perfect for our needs but if Remote Desktop works as advertised without random disconnections, I will be able to get this over the line and purchase the licenses.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi,

We have updated the remote desktop components to resolve the crash, please follow the instructions bellow on how to get your clients download the updated RemoteDesktop components:

1. Stop the Pulseway service.
2. Delete the file: pcmrdp-agent.dll from Pulseway's installation directory.
3. Restart the Pulseway service and wait for the file pcmrdp-agent.dll to be restored.
4. Test the Remote Desktop feature one more time.

Regards,
Chris
Pulseway Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi,

We will add an automatic update feature for modules with downloadable components so that you don't have to manually roll out update using the workaround posted in the previous post. This feature will be included before we fully release the Remote Desktop.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support