Pulseway Linux doest'nt work anymore

trixor

Hi..!

We have multiple Debian Linux installations, but suddently Pulseway stopped working..

root@Marine-RPS:~# /etc/init.d/pulseway start
/usr/sbin/pulsewayd: error while loading shared libraries: libidn.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What happend since yesterday? - Has there been an automatic update or something on pulseway?

//Dennis

I have a similar issue with my CentOS6 hosts, since yesterday.

Daemon stops immediately after start , without any message...

root@zabbix:~ #/etc/init.d/pulseway status
pulsewayd wurde beendet
root@zabbix:~ #/etc/init.d/pulseway start

Starting pulseway daemon:                                  [  OK  ]
pulsewayd wurde beendet
root@zabbix:~ #

• Staff

I have a similar issue with my CentOS6 hosts, since yesterday.

Daemon stops immediately after start , without any message...

pulsewayd wurde beendet

root@zabbix:~ #/etc/init.d/pulseway start

Starting pulseway daemon:                                  [  OK  ]

pulsewayd wurde beendet

root@zabbix:~ #

Hi,

There is anything in logs? (/var/logs/messages)?

Regards,

Mark

The message was:

pulseway: Configuration: No or empty 'Server' attribute found for 'Certificate' node 1

After I have installed the actual agent from scratch, I compared the new config.xml with the used one.

In the latest version, the parameter is called "Server", in the previous version, it was "ServerName".

After I have renamed the parameter in config.xml, the agent is running again...

Hi Dennis,

Can you, please, check if you have libidn installed?

sudo apt-get install libidn11

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark...

No... I wasn't present, i have installed the package and Pulseway is now running..

But please tell me, why this was'nt an issues before? - And how do i avoid this problem in the future..? - It's very unsettling, knowing that Pulseway stops working because of updates on your part...

The message was:

pulseway: Configuration: No or empty 'Server' attribute found for 'Certificate' node 1

After I have installed the actual agent from scratch, I compared the new config.xml with the used one.

In the latest version, the parameter is called "Server", in the previous version, it was "ServerName".

After I have renamed the parameter in config.xml, the agent is running again...

Unfortunately, it was only running for two hours...

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f38d97fa740 ***

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: Got shutdown signal: 6

• Staff

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: c

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f38d97fa740 ***

Do you have any network issues? Looks like "curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name" trigger the crash...and this point to a network issues.

Mark

• Staff

Hi Mark...

No... I wasn't present, i have installed the package and Pulseway is now running..

But please tell me, why this was'nt an issues before? - And how do i avoid this problem in the future..? - It's very unsettling, knowing that Pulseway stops working because of updates on your part...

Libidn is part of default installation on all distributions (at least the ones that we test pulseway on). We'll do more investigation but libidn it's a dependence for pulseway package (like openssl, wget and ca-certificates).

Mark

• Staff

Oct  8 01:36:53  pulseway: curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name

Can you enable core dump on your machine? Will be great if we can analyse the crash.

Mark.

The problems just keeps comming...!

Oct 13 14:51:36 Marine-RPS pulseway: Configuration read successfully!
Oct 13 14:51:36 Marine-RPS pulseway: *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/pulsewayd: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000001cc93d0 ***

Im all out of ideas..

My two cents probably doesn't even matter because I'm using an "unsupported" flavor of Linux (Gentoo) but I thought I would mention that this issue is happening with me as well.

At first I would try starting the service (it stopped running 6 days ago, non-prod servers and I didn't get a chance to look at them until now) and it would give me the error saying it couldn't find the libidn.so.11 file or directory, so I did an emerge libidn11

This solved the problem with running the service, so it will now start, but it will only run for a very short amount of time until it stops without cause.

I am actually fairly new to using gentoo linux so I'm not sure where to look for the log for why it keeps dying.... or if Pulseway itself has a log file, I cannot locate it.

Would love any help!! Even thought it's not "supported" :)

Thanks!

Mine too was working and suddenly stopped 6 days ago. I'm on Arch, using the Arch package just released. 

pulseway.service: control process exited, code=killed status=11
Oct 20 16:43:46 rs232 systemd[1]: Failed to start Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems.

Do you have any network issues? Looks like "curl_easy_perform() failed: Couldn't resolve host name" trigger the crash...and this point to a network issues.

Mark

There were no core files written, but anyway the agent is now running since 6 days.

I haven't change anything on my servers...