VMware server module availability

Marius

• Administrators

VMware module will be added in the 2.6 update and will support VMware vCenter and VMware ESX(i) if lockdown mode is not activated.

VMware vCenter minimum version required is 2.5 while for VMware ESX the minimum version required is 3.5.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Srivard@decam.qc.ca

Do we put the vcenter server or actual host, if actual host how to put more than one host?

Can't wait to have it work;)

Guest Sebastien

Figured it out, it is vcenter and all host shows up

LOL, Marius you are crazy hot

Nothing on ANY device comes close to this. I use it every day and make my IT job more efficient and my customer very happy

Guest Norbert

Hi. If I activate the vmware feature with pc monitor on any Windows Server (2003 and 2008 R2 as well) the pcmonitor process is running up to 100% cpu time. If i use it on a WindowsXP, it works fine.

• Administrators

When the service starts it loads some libraries required for the vmware module - it will take around 1-2 minutes to do that and it's a high intensive CPU operation. Once the VMware module is initialized the CPU usage should go down to 0.5% - 1% - if it stays as 100% all the time let us know.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nico Idskov

Would it be possible to incorporate hardware alerts from VMware?

That would make this the perfect monitoring for our little setup.

• 2 months later...

Hi Marius,

Do you have an estimated release date for the next version of the VMware server module? We had one of our test servers go down on Friday night due to a drive failure, but I didn't know about it until this morning. It's no big deal since it's only a sandbox system for software tests, but it would be great to see alerts on down hosts, and performance alerts as well.

My boss is loving the desktop and mobile apps by the way. Thanks for helping make us IT guys look good :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

VMware module will be added in the 2.6 update and will support VMware vCenter and VMware ESX(i) if lockdown mode is not activated.

VMware vCenter minimum version required is 2.5 while for VMware ESX the minimum version required is 3.5.

Aloha, I'm currently running vSphere 5, with vCenter, and am curious if the hardware alerts mentioned back in January have been implemented yet?