Notification type change ?

jlc_uk

Been using Pulseway since it was PC-Monitor, for at least 3 years now.

I noticed earlier this year (maybe about the time it was change to Pulseway) that notifications about my WINDOWS machine changed from being SMS alerts to my phone, to emails.

I made no changes at all (in fact I haven't touched it since it was installed. It really is that good).

I assumed this was a policy decision at Pulseway towers, and forgot about it.

However, today, I have upgraded my Debian server, and reinstalled Pulseway on it. ...

1) Didn't there use to be a GUI to configure it under Linux ?

2) When it started the service, I got an SMS message !!!!!

Now personally I *prefer* an SMS, since I can't always get email. But I wondered, what's the deal here ?

• Administrators

Looks like the mobile device(s) you have registered on your account (if any) do not have push notifications enabled. In this case we will email the alerts.

Please contact our support team and we'll be happy to assist with this.

• Administrators

1) Didn't there use to be a GUI to configure it under Linux ?

2) When it started the service, I got an SMS message !!!!!

1. Yes, there used to be a Java based Pulseway agent but now it's native and a lot more modern agent however yes, it lacks the GUI as of now. Are there any plans for adding GUI to the native linux agent?

2. This is odd. Usually when a PUSH notification is delivered then it means that the device is properly configured to receive PUSH notifications and it should work for all Pulseway notifications not just the startup one. You should contact support as they might have more ideas on this.

• Administrators

It is very unlikely to be a bug, both Windows and Linux agents are not sending the notification directly but through our notification servers. 

Please email our support and we will investigate this further. Thank you!

• Administrators

We have received your email and an engineer is actively looking into this.

So far, we could not reproduce this issue, all the notifications from our Linux servers are coming in as push notifications.

What is the Linux agent version you are using?

• 3 weeks later...

This is now an issue for my Windows machine too. I'm only getting emails, not alerts :(

Ah, UPDATE. My mobile device is NOW showing as "Push notifications - No". Which it most certainly wasn't 3 weeks ago. Also I can't seem to change that setting ...

• Administrators

Your account has only one registered mobile device - a Windows Phone.

It looks like that device did not receive any push notification token from the Microsoft push servers.

When we cannot send a push notification to any of the registered devices we send an email. This is the case here.

Your account has only one registered mobile device - a Windows Phone.

It looks like that device did not receive any push notification token from the Microsoft push servers.

When we cannot send a push notification to any of the registered devices we send an email. This is the case here.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll uninstall and re-install the mobile app, and then relogin to my account, and see what happens.

If the problem persists, is this a MS issue ? Has anyone else reported it ?

• 4 months later...

This is still happening :( . Maybe it's because I haven't set much up for notification ... just reboot really. So I only get a message once every few months.

Anyway, deleted and re-registered my mobile 2/12/2014, and it was getting notifications. Haven't had any notifications since then till today when it came through as an email. Checking my account I see my mobile is - again - not registered for push notifications.

If this is a Windows thing, it's yet another reason not to use Windows Phone. As if we needed that.