Dashboard Clearing notifications automatically

CODE9IT

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with the Dashboard notifications at the moment. I have not checked the mobile app.

It is appearing that notifications are being deleted automatically sometime during the night. When I arrive at work in the morning I normally go through and confirm that all my backups have completed however the last 2 days I have not received any backup notifications when I investigate I find that there do not appear to be any notifications older that 2 AM.

I also have about 4 or 5 servers that are set-up to send me half-hourly notifications so when I get to work in the morning I can have anywhere up to 210 non-critical notifications. I have also checked the time stamp on these notifications and the very first one on each always appears early morning around 2-4 AM. meaning that the notifications from 5 PM the previous day are missing

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

• Administrators

Hi Michael,

Could you please check in Event Log that the backup notifications have fired? 

Also, how many notifications will you have active at any one time?

Regards,

Marius

Hi Marius,

I have checked the event logs on 3 different servers they all have a Pulseway Event ID 24001 at various time depending on what time that nights backups finished. Servers range from SBS2003 to SBS2011. 2003's and 8's have custom events while the 2011's use the server module to monitor the backups.

First thing in the morning I can have quiet a lot of notifications possibly upwards of 200. We monitor ImageManager to see whether it is failing to sync to the backup drives. If a client has forgotten to plug the drive in or it is full we get an alert every 30 minutes or so. This build up over 15 or so hours.

Is it possible Pulesway limited to a certain number of notifications?

Regards,

Michael

• Administrators

Thank you Michael,

Yes, the notification inbox size was limited to 100 - this might have caused the issue. As new notifications are added the old ones are removed automatically.

We have now extended the limit to 500.

Thanks again for your help Michael. 

Regards,

Marius