CPU temp wrong

Hrorek

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this yet. I love this software but i the whole reason i got it is the monitor my AMD FX-9590 8-core Black Edition on Asus Sabertooth 990fx. It shows my cpu is about 25 degrees cooler then my asus provided monitoring software.

• Staff

Hi,

Welcome to the Pulseway community.

Can you please attach a screenshot of the values reported on your device? We will diagnose the problem right away.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

I was also having the issue with CPU showing 0% on this pc. I found in another post that i could run a cmd that reloads the counter. This fixed the cpu usage issue. I wonder if that and this problem are some how related. I also had another issue with another PC running an i7 cpu that wouldn't allow 64-bit installation of pulseway. The 32-bit installed fine. I am wondering if this could fix this issue, if i uninstall my 64-bit and re-install using the 32 bit? Or will using a 32-bit installation on a 64bit windows just cause more problems? --- any ideas from the screen shot i posted yesterday?

Okay looks like I figured out what the problem is. It is actually displaying the correct temps. it's just a little confusing with the labels on the pulseway app at first. I ended up installing Hardware Monitor from CPUID, that showed me what was happening. I'll attach a screen shot that shows it more clearly but the actual CPU temp is located under the "Mainboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX - Temperature #1" section of pulseway app and reports 39 degrees just as CPUID and Asus reports it to be. The Mainboard temp is under the "Mainboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX Temperature #2" in pulseway. The temp that pulseway is reporting for the CPU - AMD FX-9590 is the actual CPU temp but is the combined package temps for all cores. In CPUID this is being shown as "Package" temp under the "AMD FX-9590" section. Asus monitoring software doesn't have a readout that shows this package temp. So I assumed that it was just displaying a incorrect reading.

post-3915-0-89247600-1422387831_thumb.jp

I am wondering if it is at all possible to change the Names/headers and/or descriptions of what is displayed under Hardware? Is there some sort of config file I can edit or some sort of plugin that will allow me to do that? It is some what disorienting that i have to look under the Mainboard section at something that only says "Temperature #1 Temperature" to know what the temp of my CPU is.

This would be a great and useful feature to have. I doubt I'm the only one with this problem.

Thank you for your help. I think you having me get pictures of all the temps drove me down the path to install CPU-ID Hardware monitor and that eventually helped me in solving what was happening.

I want to suggest that anyone having issues with wrong temperatures being displayed to download Hardware monitor.