Event Log Notifications

Lee Vest

Hello please could someone advise on how i can configure the software to send notifications of all Errors or Warnings that come from the System Event Log. I have found the section within the software but it asks for keywords and source, which if you have not had the error before you wont know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, last week I've both 25 lic and just yesterday I started to install them..amazing! :))

For now, what I basicly like to do is check if the Microsoft Security Essentials scheduled task (update signatures and quick scan for viruses) installed on all 25 PCs (Win7) gives me errors.

For this (If I understood right) I've setup an event notification to check for these 2 IDs:

1015 = Detected suspicious behavior

2001 = Error updating the AV defs

in the applications log.

Is this the trick to check if any scheduled task had some errors? I mean with event notifications. But what if I just need to check if a scheduled task has run?

I'd also like to check (if possible) the Microsoft Security Essentials real time threat. Do I need to check the process or still the event log?

I've just one more question :)

To check the hdd status, for now, do I need to schedule a task to scan the hdd and check the event log for errors?

Thank you very much for your help.

Keep up the excellent work.

Daniele (Rome Italy)

ps. sorry for my english..

• Administrators

For now, what I basicly like to do is check if the Microsoft Security Essentials scheduled task (update signatures and quick scan for viruses) installed on all 25 PCs (Win7) gives me errors.

What errors are you experiencing?

Is this the trick to check if any scheduled task had some errors? I mean with event notifications. But what if I just need to check if a scheduled task has run?

I think it's possible to add a last run indicator on each schedueled task, but you need to create a feature request post in the forum or email support.

I'd also like to check (if possible) the Microsoft Security Essentials real time threat. Do I need to check the process or still the event log?

I think it generates and event but I need to test it out myself.

To check the hdd status, for now, do I need to schedule a task to scan the hdd and check the event log for errors?

If Microsoft Security Essentials leaves a scan log in the Event Log yes, this could work.

Paul.

What errors are you experiencing?

I Paul, thanks for answering :)

for now I need to check if a "quick scan" reveals some threats (I saw on the internet that MSE should log this with ID (1015) and if MSE Update has errors with ID (2001).

I think it's possible to add a last run indicator on each schedueled task, but you need to create a feature request post in the forum or email support.

So can I add this on this version of the client or do I still need to request the feature?

I think it generates and event but I need to test it out myself.

That is what I was thinking too, I'll try and test it today :)

Just tested! It works, event log id (1116, warning)

If Microsoft Security Essentials leaves a scan log in the Event Log yes, this could work.

Actually the scan on the HDD has nothing to do with MSE it is just a windows scan disk (chkdsk).

Paul.

Something strange is happening...

I've setup this event notification for System log:

name: virus threat

Keyword: Classico

ID: 1116

Source: Microsoft Antimalware

Apart the italian language, this is how my windows event log appears.

I've triggered MSE with a virus and as soon as it detects it my windows event log is updated but PC Monitor will not alert me..

Am I missing something?