Which ports are used by pc monitor?

ToddeSwe

Hi!

Which ports are PC monitor using?

I'm blocking ports in my router because my son as addicted to games. But i blocked the pc monitor ports as well. :)

And that is not god! :)

So which ports should i exclude?

ToddeSwe

Hi and thanks but:

I don't know much about networking so i feel i must ask.

Look at the picture and tell me if you can find which to use in the pull down menu. :)

Thanks in advanced 

post-507-0-60485900-1399990150_thumb.jpg

post-507-0-42608000-1399990152_thumb.jpg

Why not do it from Windows Firewall? Create a rule that blocks all outgoing traffic that's not from port 443.

God idea :) But i can't find where i can turn of just one pc or two with MAC or internal ip in the lan.

• Administrators

I may misundertand you but you want to completely block all outbound traffic that's not using port 443 (HTTPS) only for two computers in the LAN?

This is a bad idea since your system still needs to do DNS queries (to properly resolve PC Monitor's servers and to provide other services). Again, why do you want to block outbound traffic?

This will block all non HTTPS traffic, DO NOT APPLY IT if you don't know what this involves. I repeat, this will kill your DNS connections and pretty much everything else in outbound, rendering your machine pretty much useless.

If you are sure you want this, create the following firewall rules on each of the two computers:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Block Everything" dir=out action=block protocol=any
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow HTTPS" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP remoteport=443

I may misundertand you but you want to completely block all outbound traffic that's not using port 443 (HTTPS) only for two computers in the LAN?

This is a bad idea since your system still needs to do DNS queries (to properly resolve PC Monitor's servers and to provide other services). Again, why do you want to block outbound traffic?

This will block all non HTTPS traffic, DO NOT APPLY IT if you don't know what this involves. I repeat, this will kill your DNS connections and pretty much everything else in outbound, rendering your machine pretty much useless.

If you are sure you want this, create the following firewall rules on each of the two computers:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Block Everything" dir=out action=block protocol=any
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Allow HTTPS" dir=out action=allow protocol=TCP remoteport=443

I've got a son who is addicted to games and i want to block internet for him at certan times so he will stay awake at school. :)

BUT at the same time i want to see him with PC monitor. :) Is it port 53 for DNS queries?

Did not notice the SPOILER until today.

I think he will find out and remove this firewall settings. But thanks anyway!

ToddeSwe

• Administrators

I've got a son who is addicted to games and i want to block internet for him at certan times so he will stay awake at school. :)

BUT at the same time i want to see him with PC monitor. :) Is it port 53 for DNS queries?

Did not notice the SPOILER until today.

I think he will find out and remove this firewall settings. But thanks anyway!

ToddeSwe

In that case go to advanced firewall rules and add a new outbound rule that allows only PCMonitorSrv.exe access to the internet. Then create another outbound rule that blocks everything else. When you are home you will need to disable those firewall rules (if possible without your son noticing). Or maybe create a batch file and save it into a directory that's included in your PATH variable so you can send commands to the terminal like: firewallon.bat or firewalloff.bat .

Let me know if you need help with the commands.

• 3 years later...