Disable Remote Terminal?

spammy

• Administrators

Hello spammy,

You can setup a Device Access Policy for that using PC Monitor Manager. Go to Registered Devices -> Device Policies, select your device and chose the access you wish that device will have for the machines you wish to restrict. If you set readonly access that device will no longer be able to access the terminal or send system commands like (shutdown, restart).

Also you can change the Default Device Policy to have readonly access to all monitored systems and manually set a policy for the devices you wish to have full control.

Furthermore you can increase your account's security by enabling two factor authentication (from account details) which will ask for a OTP (one time password) whenever you try to change account's security and policies.

Most of this information (if not all) is available in PC Monitor's User Manual available at: http://www.pulseway.com/manual.

I personally like to keep my account locked out so that I have to manually approve each device that gets added before it gets access to my systems.

• 1 month later...

I had to install the Windows client but otherwise this worked well, thanks!

>I personally like to keep my account locked out so that I have to manually approve each device that gets added before it gets access to my systems.

Hmm I think I've missed this option. Right now all I have to do is login in with U/P to get access.

Edited by spammy