Error accessing Monitored PC settings in PC DashBoard

rdtshaw

Hi,

First off, I always end up looking for that ultimate admin app in the market. I found it. This setup is awesome! Every option I find that does this is priced for the likes of huge enterprise clients like HP and Google, not a small IT consulting firm. Just ordered the 50 PC subscription and I am loving it. I have a few questions for you.

1. When I open PC dashboard on my pc, it signs in fine. When I open a monitored Pc and select the settings tab, i get the following answer after a few seconds: " Unsupported configuration version, please upgrade the software on this computer."

I am running PC Dashboard v2.4 and PC Monitor 2.5 x64. My PC is a windows 7 64bit and the client PC is Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. This is happening on all the clients I try to access. I was hoping to be able to install the monitor on servers and then configure in a local app on my pc.

2. How do I exit Full screen mode on Dashboard? Tried Alt-enter, there is no r-click, and alt-space shows no options.

3. What is the best way to manage/create groups. I am an IT consultant and I have 40 or so servers at different client's offices. There is not option in dashboard, r-click or drag and drop. The android app on my tablet has no option, nor does the web. I have yet to steal my wife's ipad to check that one. :)

Thanks so much and look forward to features and updates!

Cheers,

Rob

Monterey, CA

• Administrators

Hi Rob,

Thank you, we're glad you find the solution useful.

1. For the dashboard, please uninstall ver. 2.4 and install the latest 2.5 from our web site - it will work.

2. To exit full screen simply press Esc or F11

3. PC Monitor has a setting that allows you to specify the group name for each computer. You can assign a group name when you set up the agent or you can use the dashboard tool (2.5) to edit the group name for each computer.

Best Regards,

Marius

Hi Marius,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I thought I had the most recent. After installing .net and updating, it worked the part! At least not as bad as #2. Esc... Doh! :) Been a long day. Perfect on the groups, thanks for the info. Have a good day there.

Cheers,

Rob